PDA

View Full Version : Dollhouse (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

agalisgv
04-04-2009, 05:40 AM
Anyone still watching? This last episode was rather sad I thought.

Garden Kitty
04-04-2009, 07:00 AM
Anyone still watching? This last episode was rather sad I thought.

it's tivo'd but I still haven't caught up on the episode I missed while at Worlds.

mpal2
04-04-2009, 07:09 AM
I'll be watching it on Hulu later.

Would you still consider it to be a good episode even though it was sad?

Desperado
04-04-2009, 03:23 PM
I thought it was a very good but the Sierra parts were quite disturbing. I'm really hoping the Dollhouse isn't as bad as that.

rfisher
04-04-2009, 05:58 PM
I think it is that bad. It was disturbing on so many levels. It was interesting to hear Topher discuss how the *Dolls* would get their original memories back along with a lot of money when their contract expired. That explains Echo/Caroline but not Sierra. I'm becoming very fond of Victor.

genevieve
04-04-2009, 06:44 PM
I was really fighting with my tv over reception last nght and am going to have to watch it again on hulu. was the guy Sierra went to truly the person who "put" her in the Dollhouse? Or was he a client?

Paul's dream at the beginning :lol:

agalisgv
04-04-2009, 09:01 PM
It was disturbing on so many levels. Yes, exactly

It was a good episode, but then I've liked all of the episodes so far.

I guess it was more tragic than sad if that makes sense. You were left with a sense of futility afterward (or at least I was).

Desperado
04-04-2009, 09:06 PM
From what I understood, he was the guy who paid to put her there, requests her services regularly, and is also probably her rapist. He was portrayed as so evil that I was really sorry they picked Vincent Ventresca to play him (I love the actor). I don't know if this means that he's a big enough actor that we'll see the character again or if Ventresca as fallen on hard times...

I don't know why they are going so dark with Sierra, having her be abused by her handler as well just makes everything WAY too sad and horrific.

PeterG
04-06-2009, 02:07 AM
Would you still consider it to be a good episode even though it was sad?

I didn't find it any more sad than any other episodes have made me feel. Maybe because this is WHEDON-ville and in some shape or form, the good guys are going to win. Eventually... :D

I'm becoming very fond of Victor.

He's my husband. :swoon:

You were left with a sense of futility afterward (or at least I was).

Eliza. Never. Loses. :D :respec:

mpal2
04-06-2009, 02:22 AM
Finally got to Hulu it.

Although I think the waking up with no memories story line perfect for this show, I'm also a little annoyed with it. Whedon used it with Buffy and Angel. If Firefly had continued on, I'm sure he would have used it there too. If I hadn't already seen it used so often before I would have been 100% fine with the direction of the story.

I thought the episode itself was very interesting in regard to what they needed closure for.

I think it is that bad. It was disturbing on so many levels. It was interesting to hear Topher discuss how the *Dolls* would get their original memories back along with a lot of money when their contract expired. That explains Echo/Caroline but not Sierra. I'm becoming very fond of Victor.

Was it all of their memories minus the ones that made them agree to sign up with the dollhouse? I'm a little confused about that point. Adelle was very clear about keeping her promise to keep their bad memories away from them as promised.

Wicked
04-06-2009, 04:51 AM
Was it all of their memories minus the ones that made them agree to sign up with the dollhouse? I'm a little confused about that point. Adelle was very clear about keeping her promise to keep their bad memories away from them as promised.

We don't know if she was telling the truth to them or not. She could have made the whole, I promised not to tell you" thing up.

Amy L
04-07-2009, 10:26 AM
I finally got caught up on the latest episode. And now I shall make some predictions using my knowledge of previous Whedon shows:

- Topher claimed he was "just the science guy". Knox said pretty much the same thing on Angel, and he ended up turning Amy Acker's character into a vessel for an ancient demon god. Watch out Dr. Saunders!!!!

- Mr. Asshole Rapist/Sierra's slaveowner guy will get his comeuppance. They always do, and it's always messy. It's been a while since someone got bisected with a very sharp weapon...

- Sierra and Victor will fall in love and it will be amazing. Then one of them will die. They are dooooooooooomed.

Also, Dr. Saunders was interesting there for a second. I still think she's sort of disgusted at the Dollhouse, but she sees it as "the best" for these lost soul/screwed up/loser people who would only be scarred and destroyed by the real world. Methinks she's projecting. And also a little bit envious that they get to not remember their worst moments. She'd probably be into the idea of being a doll if she didn't know exactly what they were used for.

Question: When people get sent to the Attic, are their contracts still valid? Are they just kept sedated until their contracts run out and they're set free? I can't imagine that really happening. I would also like some proof that someone has really been set free and given a truckload of cash once they fufilled their contractual obligations. This has got to be some massive eville trick. What multinational puppy experimenting human enslaving corporation actually keeps their word?

agalisgv
04-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Question: When people get sent to the Attic, are their contracts still valid? Are they just kept sedated until their contracts run out and they're set free? I assumed being sent to the attic was a euphemism for killing the person. Last episode they talked about the dolls as pets, and that sometimes pets have to be put to sleep.

mpal2
04-07-2009, 05:11 PM
I assumed being sent to the attic was a euphemism for killing the person. Last episode they talked about the dolls as pets, and that sometimes pets have to be put to sleep.

That was my assumption as well. The attic cannot be a good thing.

genevieve
04-07-2009, 05:32 PM
I think the Attic is a real place. Kind of like "boxing" cylons in BSG.