PDA

View Full Version : Dollhouse (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Wyliefan
02-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Yes, I've heard that. Seems odd to me -- so much haggling over what seems to the general public like a small thing -- but I guess it's all part of the biz!

PeterG
02-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Sometimes semi-regulars are listed as guest stars for whatever reason.

I liked Amy Acker on Angel, and loved her when her character changed...can't remember the details now - taken over by a demon? Who knew she could play so tough??!! :eek: :respec: Enjoyed her on Alias, too. But she was clearly under-used on the Dollhouse premiere...

mpal2
02-17-2009, 10:36 PM
But she was clearly under-used on the Dollhouse premiere...

I have a feeling that her story will develop if given the chance.

genevieve
02-17-2009, 10:58 PM
I liked Amy Acker on Angel, and loved her when her character changed...can't remember the details now - taken over by a demon? Who knew she could play so tough??!! :eek: :respec: Enjoyed her on Alias, too. But she was clearly under-used on the Dollhouse premiere...
She was a zillion times cooler as Illyria than as Fred. So sad that the show ended where it did!

ETA: Fred was infected by a Demon, who killed her and took over her body. I thought it was damned ballsy for the show to kill off one of their main characters in that way - they made it clear Fred wasn't coming back (except when Illyria would occasionally pretend to be her)

PeterG
02-22-2009, 06:50 AM
I can't believe no one has made comments about last night's show!!! It was WAY better than the first episode. Four different storylines at the same time, all really great except for the cop trying to uncover the Dollhouse operation (which was just okay).

Glad the creepy psycho stalker dude bit it. But I wonder who he was??? No record of him... He was in the Dollhouse offices, right? So he is definitely not Alpha. Who is probably still alive........... Dun, dun DUNNNNNNN!!!!

And the ending? Fecking brilliant. Took me by surprise, gave me chills and then when I thought about it again a few minutes later, I got the chills again. I hope this show is doing well in the ratings. It is ROCKING!!! :respec: :D

genevieve
02-22-2009, 07:01 AM
I'm enjoying the story more (and I like the cop tracking the Dollhouse bit), but I'm not over the moon about it at this point. I really like the relationship between Echo and her handler, and her gaining consciousness about ehr situation I think will take the show in a good direction - but Olivia Williams and Reed Diamond (Dollhouse bigwigs - can't remember the character names) remind me way too much of a lesser Lilah Morgan and Lindsey McDonald of Wolfram & Hart. In fact I would swear the Dollhouse complex uses the same set as W&H headquarters in the last season of Angel. But I will probably keep watching - I hope FOX is counting non-first run viewing statistics to guage popularity of the show, because I'm going to be watching it online.

tarotx
02-22-2009, 07:33 AM
They are keeping track of online numbers well from fox, hulu, itunes and amazon. In fact if you don't have a Nielsen box it's kind of better to watch online because you watch is counted.

It's getting so so Friday ratings. I think it should at least get all this seasons episodes aired. I'm hoping for the 6th episode to get a nod after American idea. It would really benefit from idol's large viewers. Episode 6 of Dollhouse is supposed to be the best of the semi pilots that make up the first 6 episodes. After 6 the show is supposed to really take off and I can't wait.

rfisher
02-22-2009, 04:42 PM
I watched and agree that it was better than epi one. Friday's are difficut days to get viewers, so I hope Fox will let it continue. Putting it in 24s spot when it finishes in May might be a good place.

PeterG
02-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Episode 6 of Dollhouse is supposed to be the best of the semi pilots that make up the first 6 episodes. After 6 the show is supposed to really take off and I can't wait.

Wow...I felt episode two really took it up 50 notches...I can't imagine how they could take it up to a much higher level. Sounds like we're definitely going to have to fasten our seatbelts!! :cheer2: :40beers: :cheer:

emason
02-22-2009, 05:55 PM
You can tell that Dr. Fred absolutely loathes everything that goes on in the Dollhouse, but she obviously has to stay there for some reason. And I'm sure that reason will be fascinating.

For all we know she's a Doll herself and this is the assignment she's been given.

tarotx
02-22-2009, 06:47 PM
Yeah The target is the 3rd episode they did and it was the first time everything gelled. We got a glimpse of the serial part of the show and an intro of all the characters. It was a better pilot then Ghost.

Wicked
02-23-2009, 02:40 AM
The second episode was much better then the first. It kept me interested so I will try episode 3.
Only problem for me was I didn't even remember the show was on. I found it by accident so hopefully I'll remember it is on.

Satellitegirl
02-23-2009, 01:10 PM
I caught up on hulu.com this weekend. I keep forgetting it's on, on Fridays, and I know a lot of people don't watch TV on fridays, so I hope that it makes it. I love Joss Whedon's stuff and I like Eliza too.

mpal2
02-24-2009, 01:35 AM
I caught up on hulu.com this weekend. I keep forgetting it's on, on Fridays, and I know a lot of people don't watch TV on fridays, so I hope that it makes it. I love Joss Whedon's stuff and I like Eliza too.

Me too. I'm glad you guys keep posting to bump this thread up. It reminds me that I missed it on Friday and need to watch it on hulu.

tarotx
03-01-2009, 03:46 AM
Has anyone watched the latest episode? I DVRed it and I'm about it watch it.

http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=dollhouse&ep=4443

http://www.hulu.com/watch/59854/dollhouse-stage-fright

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewTVSeason?i=306664540&id=303019310&s=143441

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewTVSeason?i=306664540&id=303019310&s=143441

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001UAB68Y