PDA

View Full Version : Dollhouse (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]

lurvylurker
01-10-2010, 09:57 PM
I think you're right Peter G, Boyd isn't necessarily the bad guy at all. In fact, now that I've had some time to "digest" the ep, I wonder if maybe he really is someone who has been working with Caroline all along to bring down the dollhouse - their meeting in Clyde's office may have even have been staged, perhaps so she could gain entry to the inner sanctum. it would explain why he was so sincerely protective of her all along. I suspect Caroline was in fact some sort of "secret agent" before becoming a doll - she just had too much knowledge, skills and resources to stalk/set up Bennett and blow up the Rossum building alone. It will be VERY interesting to see what her first words are when she sees Boyd!

Am so glad the network is allowing the writers to wrap up the story rather than just chopping the series off partway through...at least we the viewers get some resolution, and we can see how good the series concept was! and both hubby and I would DEFINITELY go see a theatrical movie if one came out!

genevieve
01-10-2010, 10:37 PM
I thought it was another really great episode on Friday. Was a bit :fragile: about Boyd being the Rossum host, just because I lurve the role he's had in the show to date - but gotta say, the way they put it together made me a believer.

I hope the S2 dvd is packed with extras... I didn't buy the S1 one yet, I'm hoping they release an entire series set, since it's not that many episodes.

Evilynn
01-11-2010, 11:44 AM
I so did not see the Boyd-thing coming! :eek: I'm not sure if he'd still be the same guy though, whatwith the body hopping. I also didn't expect Dr Saunders to off Bennett.

PeterG
01-11-2010, 05:47 PM
I also didn't expect Dr Saunders to off Bennett.

Am I the only one hoping Bennett is still alive somehow? Bullets through the head aren't always lethal, right? :(

colinmom71
01-11-2010, 08:39 PM
So, am I the only one getting a previous and close relationship vibe between Caroline/Echo and DeWitt? DeWitt's commentary was getting rather personal and familiar with Echo/Caroline in the last two episodes... Caroline is her PITA daughter maybe? It would explain Caroline's obsession with Rossum...

I started to see the Boyd think coming a while ago, but I didn't see him as 2nd in command to Clyde! And Whiskey/Saunders offing Bennett was perfectly :eek: ! But yeah, the last few episodes have really gotten intense and deft at wrapping up all the connections and loose ends. Sad to see the show go, but I definitely am looking forward to these last two episodes...

Wyliefan
01-11-2010, 09:09 PM
There've been moments when I've been convinced that EVERYONE is a doll. I still wouldn't be surprised to see it end that way.

agalisgv
01-31-2010, 09:20 AM
So anyone watch the last episodes?

PeterG
01-31-2010, 05:57 PM
I recorded them, will watch them later today, maybe. Have been watching this thread to get everybody else's impressions. Did you all bail on the FINAL TWO EPISODES??????????????????????

genevieve
01-31-2010, 06:33 PM
I just watched them last night on Hulu. You can definitely see that Whedon & Co had to wrap things up pretty hastily. Hollow Men was kind of a mess - Boyd is evil...no he loves them all and wants to save the world...no he's really evil...no matter, Echo is the Saviour(tm) and will solve everything...ps don't worry how Priya and Victor (sorry he's so much more of a Victor than an Anthony/Tony) knew just where to find Echo the second they got in the building when they'd been cut off from the rest of them, isn't it enough you got to see Enver Gjokaj assume another character's identity again? But the acting from everyone was really great. And Epitaph 2 was awesome! I still haven't seen Epitaph 1, but I found myself really wishing the show had either gone on, or that Whedon had made the show mostly about that timeframe, because that world was incredibly rich and fascinating.

I'm hoping they'll put out a super duper dvd package of the whole series with a bunch of extras. I would looooove if they could put together a film in the way Firefly became Serenity - the film didn't exactly follow the series in the most linear way and managed to tell a complete story about a world that had been created for tv.

agalisgv
02-01-2010, 02:12 AM
Epitaph 2 reminded me a little of I Am Legend.

Can someone explain again why some decided to stay down in the Dollhouse? And also wasn't the blast only for LA? Or did that actually hit the stratosphere? It didn't look like it at the time, but then it didn't make sense how they would deal with all the other dolls otherwise.

I kinda got the Boyd thing--he saw himself as part of the gang and wanted to talk them all into joining forces with him. But they didn't, so he tried to off them.

I agree with gen that the last episode would have been great if it could have been more developed into multiple episodes--lots of provocative stuff there.

I'm sad to see it end :(.

Ajax
02-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Epitaph 2 reminded me a little of I Am Legend.

Can someone explain again why some decided to stay down in the Dollhouse? And also wasn't the blast only for LA? Or did that actually hit the stratosphere? It didn't look like it at the time, but then it didn't make sense how they would deal with all the other dolls otherwise.

The way the blast was supposed to work is that it would cause all-imprinted people (incl dolls) to revert back to their original personalities AND lose all their memories of the time after their first imprint - meaning Echo would revert back to pre-Dollhouse Caroline, Sierra would revert back to pre-Dollhouse Priya etc. Echo, Priya and Tony did not want to lose their memories so they stayed underground in order to avoid the blast, which was meant as a worldwide blast.

I really liked the last 4-5 episodes. Obviously there are plenty of things that are left unexplained/underdeveloped (how the hell did Alpha turn into a good guy??) but they did the best they could with the small time and budget that they had. There were plenty of classic Whedon moments and above all, excellent characters portrayed by excellent actors.

I'm just sad that they effed up in the beginning of both season 1 and season 2 by starting each season with 4-5 bad engagement of the week episodes that made little sense and did not tie in well to the mytharc. I think if the first few season 2 episodes had been half as intense as anything we got in the last half of the season, the ratings would not have dropped and the show might not have been cancelled. Looking at all they crammed into the last episodes you can easily see that they had enough material to flesh out 5 seasons as Joss had planned.

rjblue
04-26-2010, 10:52 PM
I just finished watching the entire Dollhouse series over a period of 3 weeks. I love watching timeline stories like this all at once rather than having to remember to watch week-to-week.

Enver Gjokaj has talent enough that he should be an "A" list movie star. I haven't been so impressed with anyone since I saw Ed Norton in Primal Fear. I can't wait to see them in the same movie.

The series had a great mix of action, twists, and fleshed out characters. I love any series with a speculative fiction premise.

I'm so glad that they were able to end most of the storyline, but I'm regretting all the potentially great ones that we'll never get to see. I have to think though, that if the series had been a big hit, the focus of each episode would have been a "doll" assignment, and the reveal of the conspiracies would have been much slower.

genevieve
04-26-2010, 10:59 PM
Enver Gjokaj has talent enough that he should be an "A" list movie star.
Agreed agreed agreed! So glad they let him really fly on this show and I hope he's able to use this series as a springboard cause he really deserves some high profile projects.

I'm wondering if they'll put out a comprehensive dvd of the whole series. I didn't buy S1 last year and would rather buy a series package that get the 2 seasons separately.

PeterG
04-27-2010, 04:04 AM
It's cool that Eliza Dushku's ego is not so big that she didn't stand in the way of letting so many people shine in this show. Enver is an AMAZING actor and close to his great work was that of Olivia Williams as Adelle DeWitt. It was great seeing her in The Ghost Writer and quite easily holding her amongst Ewan McGregor, Kim Cattrall, Pierce Brosnan and Tom Wilkinson. :)

P.S. Enver will be in a movie to be released in early May, "Stone" starring Robert DeNiro, Edward Norton and Milla Jovovich. :cheer2: :cheer: