PDA

View Full Version : Dollhouse (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18

LordCirque
12-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Rossum is the head of the DC Dollhouse that Bennett is the "Topher" for correct?

genevieve
12-06-2009, 07:01 PM
I believe Rossum is the corporation in charge of all the dollhouses

genevieve
12-19-2009, 06:21 AM
is anyone still watching? Last week's 2 episodes made my head spin - I missed the first 30 seconds of the first episode and it took most of the episode to figure out what was going on. The 2nd ep was kind of a mess.

But tonight! Both of these episodes were amazing!! Loved Victor's ep, and once again Enver Gjokai gets the chance to showcase his stellar acting and accent skills. The Attic ep was just creeeeepy. Loved Adele turning into a slushy mess, and the twist at the end. And it was a real joy to see Reed Diamond back again - very satisfying to have those in the Attic able to connect, and in his character to stay to help those who are left.

3 weeks before the final 3 eps - I can't wait!

Evilynn
12-19-2009, 02:45 PM
is anyone still watching?

*raises hand*

But tonight! Both of these episodes were amazing!! Loved Victor's ep, and once again Enver Gjokai gets the chance to showcase his stellar acting and accent skills. The Attic ep was just creeeeepy. Loved Adele turning into a slushy mess, and the twist at the end. And it was a real joy to see Reed Diamond back again - very satisfying to have those in the Attic able to connect, and in his character to stay to help those who are left.

3 weeks before the final 3 eps - I can't wait!

Enver Gjokaj is a fantastic actor! I'm currently preoccupied trying to figure out who Clyde 2.0 is. I suppose the obvious suspects are Topher, Ivy or Bennett?

mpal2
12-19-2009, 03:34 PM
is anyone still watching?

Me! But I got home late last night and I'll need to watch the episodes on Hulu.

genevieve
12-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Enver Gjokaj is a fantastic actor! I'm currently preoccupied trying to figure out who Clyde 2.0 is. I suppose the obvious suspects are Topher, Ivy or Bennett?
That's what I was thinking too. Of course, while Adele was in her drinky crow mode I was considering that she was the one (they were hinting so heavily it could be a woman), but I don't think that now.

I really hope Enver Gjokaj is able to get lots of work from his experience on this show. Dollhouse has been an amazing showcase for his range.

Garden Kitty
12-19-2009, 06:19 PM
I last night's Dollhouse tivo'd but haven't been able to watch it yet.

Evilynn
12-20-2009, 10:23 AM
That's what I was thinking too. Of course, while Adele was in her drinky crow mode I was considering that she was the one (they were hinting so heavily it could be a woman), but I don't think that now.

I still wonder if Adele hasn't been a doll at some point. There's been allusions to it, although I suppose it could just be a red herring too.

I really hope Enver Gjokaj is able to get lots of work from his experience on this show. Dollhouse has been an amazing showcase for his range.

Joss Whedon tends to reuse actors, so I'm sure Gjokaj will get an opportunity to be in something else Whedonesque in the future. Meanwhile he's in the movie "Stone (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1423995/)" with DeNiro, Edward Norton and Milla Jovovich.

PeterG
12-20-2009, 09:58 PM
Wryest moment of the night (2nd episode, near the end):

Clyde to Echo: "What year is it?"

Echo: "2010...I think. We don't know how long we've been off the air."

:lol: :40beers:

Hottest moment of the night: Anytime Enver Gjokaj (Anton/Victor) appears on screen shirtless. :swoon: But a continuity glitch...at the beginning of the first episode, Victor is (shirtlessly) fighting his army buddies and then taken out to a vehicle for transport. Next time we see him, he's in the vehicle with a T-shirt on. Well, the dude can ROCK a t-shirt, but it was funny to think his buddies threw a (teensy) t-shirt on him so he wouldn't catch cold! :D

I was thinking that the character of Adelle DeWitt was all over the place, but the ending of episode two brought it all together. Was she acting drunk on purpose, to make the powers that be think she was losing it and therefore not an adversary of any concern?

I can't decide who the better actor is...Enver Gjokaj as Anton/Victor or Olivia Williams as Adelle DeWitt. I'm giving the edge to Enver, but only because he gets to play different roles and the writing of DeWitt's character has some consistency flaws IMHO. But I think these two do some of the best acting on ALL of TV at this time.

The Attic ep was just creeeeepy.

I thought the opening scene of this episode was really freaky. Sad to think we only get three more episodes!

I'm currently preoccupied trying to figure out who Clyde 2.0 is. I suppose the obvious suspects are Topher, Ivy or Bennett?

So Clyde 2.0 would have been imprinted onto a younger person? So we don't have to look at characters who are the same age as Clyde? I had to go google Ivy and Bennett... In case others are like me, Ivy is Topher's current (Chinese?) assistant and Bennett is played by Summer Glau who has the same job that Topher does in the (Washington, DC?) dollhouse.

While we're talking Ivy, is it just me, or did she seem to come out of nowhere? And I alone in thinking she's a doll?

CarolineL
12-20-2009, 10:34 PM
Topher tried out his doll deactivier on Bennett, and she did not react, so she is not a doll (and by that token, nor is he). I think it is probably Alpha

Evilynn
12-21-2009, 01:49 PM
I was thinking that the character of Adelle DeWitt was all over the place, but the ending of episode two brought it all together. Was she acting drunk on purpose, to make the powers that be think she was losing it and therefore not an adversary of any concern?

I interpreted the scene where she uses the dolls' shower as the moment where she "cleansed" herself of Rossum and made up her mind.

So Clyde 2.0 would have been imprinted onto a younger person? So we don't have to look at characters who are the same age as Clyde?

I thought Clyde said the imprint had probably moved bodies?

While we're talking Ivy, is it just me, or did she seem to come out of nowhere? And I alone in thinking she's a doll?

She's been around since s1, but not in every episode.

Topher tried out his doll deactivier on Bennett, and she did not react, so she is not a doll (and by that token, nor is he). I think it is probably Alpha

If it was Topher he could've easily modified his deactiver (or his own active structure) to not blank himself. One could also argue that Clyde 2.0 would know the likely scenarios and would've made himself immune. Ivy seems a little too obvious.

Do you mean one of the imprints Alpha stole would be Clyde 2.0, or that he'd be the one imprinted with Clyde 2.0 while in the Dollhouse? I doubt they'd let Clyde 2.0 do normal doll assignments (which Alpha did until he got away), and Clyde 2.0 is supposed to be Clyde without the questioning orders part, and Alpha in his current stage doesn't seem too prone to follow orders to me. ;)

mpal2
12-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Um, I didn't expect those 2 episodes. :)

I am hoping that Adele is Clyde 2.0 and had learned to stop following orders but IIRC Topher used his deactivator around her. So maybe not.

Ajax
12-21-2009, 06:57 PM
I LOVED the ending of the last episode. It makes me smile that Joss is finally telling the story he didn't get a chance to finish properly in the last season of Angel: The Heroes take down the evil corporation from the inside :) I also like the metaphor that the evil corporation is powered by the brains of workers who cannot escape.

lurvylurker
01-09-2010, 08:05 PM
:eek: So BOYD is the bad guy?? My my my, so MUCH to take in during these eps!!

PeterG
01-09-2010, 08:25 PM
:eek:

That was going to be my entire post last night! :lol:

So BOYD is the bad guy?? My my my, so MUCH to take in during these eps!!

I'm not sure about this. Boyd's body is housing the bad guy, right (Rossum)? Boyd existed at some point, but his "being" is stored somewhere like Caroline's?

This was a great episode. :( to think there are only two more shows left. Can't see how they can wrap everything up with just two more episodes, though. Or will there be an opening left for a big screen movie as there was for Firefly? :cheer2:

Olivia Williams (as Adelle) was great as always. I think she definitely deserves a best supporting actress Emmy nomination!