PDA

View Full Version : Dollhouse (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18

emason
10-03-2009, 01:31 PM
This was an awful episode, worse than the first. Dollhouse was so exciting and intriguing last season, and this time so far is boring, boring, boring. I loathed Miracle Laurie last season and the fact that I thought she was terrific last night and the best thing in the episode shows just how meh the rest of it is.

LordCirque, no, Echo's 'husband' and the senator are two different characters.

Amy L
10-03-2009, 08:50 PM
The Senator was Echo's "husband" in the episode tonight yes?

No. The senator hasn't met any of the actual Dollhouse peeps yet.

I know FBI Agent Ballard is now undercover as a Handler, I think it was thanks to Alpha yeah?

Paul isn't exactly undercover. He's not a cop anymore. But I think he might be the one sending information to the senator guy (though maybe not, he knows he'd get caught that way). I forgot exactly how he got directly involved with the Dollhouse, but they kind of owe him, so he was the one who got Mellie/November out of her contract early. Then he got them to fake marry Echo to a weapons dealer in order for him to get caught and arrested. After that, he became Echo's handler. He knows that Echo remembers her past personalities, and Echo knows that Paul is trying to take down the Dollhouse. They're working together. For what, who knows exactly, but they're aware of each others' motives.

The British woman is the one who founded/created the Dollhouse yes?

No, she just works for them. There are apparently many different Dollhouses in major cities all over the world. Adelle is in charge of the Los Angeles one.

Garden Kitty
10-05-2009, 03:39 AM
How does the Dollhouse stay in business? None of the assignments seem to work out well for the clients :lol:

genevieve
10-05-2009, 04:59 AM
Pay in full upfront; no refunds. :lol:

tarotx
10-10-2009, 04:14 AM
Well I think Dollhouse was great tonight.

Watch the current episode (starting tomorrow) online if you didn't see it :)

http://www.hulu.com/dollhouse

emason
10-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Well I think Dollhouse was great tonight.

Watch the current episode (starting tomorrow) online if you didn't see it :)

http://www.hulu.com/dollhouse

Dissenting opinion here, but once again I was not impressed. I think this season just keeps getting worse and worse. Ballard, for one, just seems so lackluster and watered-down.

tarotx
10-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Ballard is lackluster because he's doing what he distaste. He's not where he wants to be in life. He has been an unhappy man for the whole series but now he's at a point where he believes he's pretty much what he joined the FBI to remove from the streets. No matter how much he tells himself he's doing it to perhaps one day destroy the Dollhouse he knows he's not really undercover and is even helping exploit Echo at least for the time being. He's a sad man and imo it's interesting to watch him fall so far from the idea he must have had when he joined the FBI. Some of this episode with Ballard and Echo stuff was affected by the fact that this episode was written and shot to be the second episode.

I think this episode was funny and creepy and had the technological development that will lead to the events in Epitaph one. Actually the events in the first 3 episodes concerning Topher is really interesting in regard to Epitaph one as well.

LordCirque
10-10-2009, 09:41 PM
I really enjoyed this episode a lot more than the previous two. But then again I always love serial killer/psycho character storylines on shows.

And me loves me some Victor :grope: Especially in a tank top ;)

tarotx
10-10-2009, 11:26 PM
I love Victor as well.

The next new episode is a Sierra episode and then Summer joins the cast in a recurring role starting in episode 5. :D This is the promo that aired after this weeks episode...

http://tvspoilers-odi.blogspot.com/2009/10/dollhouse-episode-2x04-new-fox-promo.html

genevieve
10-11-2009, 06:27 AM
Now THAT's what I was waiting for with this season! It's no accident that the very things I said were missing so far were in place (Boyd as Echo's handler, major airtime for a supporting active, main story about more than a titillating engagement for Eliza Dushku - although they managed to get that in there too). Paul had a decent storyline too, using his real skillz instead of mooning around Echo all the time. Still too much of the insufferable Topher, but at least it was of him screwing up the technology as usual :lol:

All this, plus another Battlestar Galactica crossover guest star, wheeeeee ;)

LordCirque
10-11-2009, 07:54 AM
I love Topher, but then again I have a weakness for nerdy techy boys, and nerdy techy girls for that matter :lol:

Wyliefan
10-11-2009, 11:14 PM
I think he's pretty funny myself.

tarotx
10-12-2009, 03:41 AM
I love Topher-always have but especially after Epitaph one!

Here's an nice article/interview with Victor actor Enver Gjokaj...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2009/10/dollhouse-victor-the-serial-killer-and-the-actor-who-played-him.html

tarotx
10-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Well it looks like all Dollhouse's 13 episodes will air. The next few episodes ratings will determine if the show airs in November but at least we know all 13 will film and are being said will air. That's good news to me since the show has bad ratings. The potential dvd numbers, the DVR numbers, Hulu, itunes, Amazon and Fox.com numbers I'm sure are make this show profitable for the Fox companies. The next two episodes are supposed to be really great and screeners are being sent to the press. That's good news too. Seems a lot of people who watched last season didn't realize Dollhouse returned yet. There was a small uptick in the ratings this week live+SD numbers after Eliza did a small media blitz and I bet that the dvr numbers went up as well.

I just wish Dollhouse had a better lead in. I wish Fringe, Bones or House reruns would air at 8 before Dollhouse instead of those comedies. Dollhouse doesn't have a lot of same viewers as those comedies.

I think Dollhouse's big problem lies in SGU though. Oh well at least I'll be able to see all 13 of this season. More then I expected a week+ ago :)

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/10/fox-we-will-air-all-13-dollhouse-episodes.html

genevieve
10-13-2009, 05:08 PM
SGU? Is that Stargate something?