PDA

View Full Version : Dollhouse (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18

genevieve
07-27-2009, 01:34 AM
I often am home watching tv on fridays :shuffle: I like friday programming - but it's weird to have so many shows on that night.

tarotx
07-27-2009, 02:00 AM
DVR's are Friday tv's best friend.

tarotx
09-25-2009, 03:53 PM
I can't find the original thread :(

Dollhouse tonight! It airs Fridays, 9/8c on FOX Please watch or DVR and watch later.

Here's a link to a trailer for the season premiere.

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/09/dollhouse-2x01-vows-1st-trailer-better.html

http://www.fox.com/dollhouse/

Alexis Denisof and Summer Glau are going to be in multi episodes:D

Wyliefan
09-25-2009, 04:06 PM
Whedon does tend to get into a rut with his actors, doesn't he? :lol:

I probably won't see it till later. My book group likes to watch it together, so we'll DVR it and watch multiple episodes at a time. At the moment we're still in season one!

tarotx
09-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Joss does reuse actors but I don't mind :)

If you haven't watched Dollhouse you can watch a few episodes online Briar Rose and Omega are great episodes-imo of course.

http://www.hulu.com/dollhouse

genevieve
09-25-2009, 05:58 PM
I have to watch on hulu tomorrow, but I can't wait!

ETA: I merged this with the old thread since it's got a small but loyal following :P

tarotx
09-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Thanks genevieve :) I did look for it but I could find it.

agalisgv
09-26-2009, 04:59 AM
Saw it tonight, and was disappointed they didn't keep with the limited commercial breaks like they had last season.

I also didn't quite get the storyline this time. While there were several things happening, none of them seemed very pulled off. Rather disappointing all in all...

Amy L
09-26-2009, 10:32 AM
Saw it tonight, and was disappointed they didn't keep with the limited commercial breaks like they had last season.

FOX decided it was not "financially viable".

I also didn't quite get the storyline this time. While there were several things happening, none of them seemed very pulled off. Rather disappointing all in all...

They kind of had to cram in Tango/Claire's storyline in there somewhere, since Amy Acker was cast on some other show and she'll only be available for a few episodes this season. I "got" the episode though, or at least I think I did. It didn't really matter to me what Echo's assignment was (hello Jamie Bamber! :grope:), because they just had to show that, yes, she still remembers all of her personalities and she's all over the place. They just needed some criminal to show that Paul was a client, not a handler, and then he has to become a handler. And then they had to plant the storyline of the senator (hello Alexis Denisof! :grope:) who wants to bring down the Dollhouse's umbrella corporation. It was just too many ideas for 42 minutes.

I did think the episode was rather meh, but they started out slowish last season too so I'll wait patiently for awesome like I did then. I don't think the FOX network is anywhere near as nice as me though, but I'll stick with it for as long as it lives.

tarotx
09-26-2009, 06:05 PM
I personally loved all the parts. It was a bit crowded but they had a little less time than last season. With a lot to say and less time it made the 45ish mintures crammed pack but I think each part was good though not altogether fulfilled.

genevieve
09-27-2009, 07:26 AM
I saw it on hulu, where there is still limited commercial interruption :P

I felt a bit like there must be something crucial in the mystery episode available only on the dvd that I was missing. Agree that this ep was just a series of formulas to get the main storyline for S2 going. I'm ok with that. I don't hope it's not the last we'll see of Whiskey though, as Amy Acker is the bomb. Really looking forward to how Alexis Denishof's character will develop.

heh - it was weird hearing Jaime Bamber and Denishof speaking in their real accents.

PeterG
10-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Blurb from Entertainment Weekly a little while back:

Series creator Joss Whedon promises a new "visceral" look and new (also presumably visceral) guest stars (Battlestar Galactica's Jamie Bamber and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' badass Summer Glau), plus a lead character (Eliza Dushku's Echo) who starts questionning her surroundings. "We want a wider audience," he quips, but "we don't want new viewers...we just want the people who already watch it to gain weight."

:lol:

P.S. Is Jamie Bamber is as hot as the pics I've seen in him? (I've never watched Battlestar Galactica.)

agalisgv
10-03-2009, 03:41 AM
Anyone watch tonight? Much better episode in the sense that it held together better. And Mellie was back :).

The overarching storyline of trying to bring down the Dollhouse isn't as compelling this season so far. It seemed much more a main storyline last season than it is now. The senator just isn't grabbing me as much as Ballard did. Have to say, I don't much care for Ballard as handler. He comes off as almost banal.

LordCirque
10-03-2009, 06:21 AM
I agree it was a better episode, the storyline itself didn't grab me, but conceptually it was interesting. The Senator was Echo's "husband" in the episode tonight yes?

I started not following the end of last season as closely as I should have and am now confused by a lot of the inner workings :lol:

I know FBI Agent Ballard is now undercover as a Handler, I think it was thanks to Alpha yeah? or had he already gotten in before that?

The British woman is the one who founded/created the Dollhouse yes?

genevieve
10-03-2009, 06:44 AM
This show is in trouble.

Both last week and this one had too much Adele (although she is fascinating), WAY WAY WAY too much of the annoying tech guy they're trying to make more likeable, and not enough Victor, Sierra and Boyd.

Last season, what made me hang in there for the first half of the network-required fluff episodes was the relationship between Echo and Boyd. That was enough to make me buy into the stupid assignment-of-the-week. I wasn't happy with their relationship changing but figured we'd still see them interact; Boyd wasn't even in this episode. I like the Paul Ballard character but shoe-horning him into the handler role isn't going well. We never hear him even saying the handler/active script lines (although we heard him inply to tech dude that he had said them when Echo was brought back raving). I'm hoping that this is deliberate and we'll get an explanation eventually.

But last season also felt much more about the actives and the Dollhouse itself. Sierra and Victor are way too interesting to waste on a few lines supporting Echo and that's it. They need to be part of the story again.

I am very intrigued with the Senator looking to uncover the Dollhouse (even if it always sounds to me like Alexis Denishof is fighting his natural accent :P ), but right now those scenes are so jarring.

As for Echo... it feels like the writers don't know what to do with her other than give her longer, more scandalous assignments (she got MARRIED!! She's LACTATING!!!), and indicate that she is retaining more between the assignments, but without good chemistry with another character, who cares? I love me some Paul Ballard, but even he doesn't seem to know why he's still hanging around the Dollhouse.

The one bright spot in this episode was MELLIEEEEEEEEEEE! :cheer2: Her scenes with both Adele and Ballard were so great. I hope that we will see her again this season - I wonder if she's the one who gave the info to the Senator.

Looks like Boyd will be back next week, hope things will pick up like they did after a few eps last year.