PDA

View Full Version : Dollhouse (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18

Amy L
05-18-2009, 12:37 AM
Both Alan Tudyk and Amy Acker are listed for new series that have been picked up, so I wouldn't expect to see much more of Alpha or Dr. Whiskey Saunders.

mpal2
05-18-2009, 02:13 AM
UPDATED: In a stunning move, sources say Fox has renewed Joss Whedon’s “Dollhouse” for next fall.

The official announcement will not be made until Monday at the network's upfront presentation, but sources confirm a deal has been struck for another 13 episodes. Fox plans to continue the show on Fridays next fall.

:cheer2:

Both Alan Tudyk and Amy Acker are listed for new series that have been picked up, so I wouldn't expect to see much more of Alpha or Dr. Whiskey Saunders.

:(

Angelskates
05-18-2009, 03:44 AM
ditto mpal2.

Overall :cheer2:

Alanya
05-18-2009, 03:41 PM

Hmm guess that depends on the timing of the shootings and the intensity. So not sure if you really can jump to such a conclusion that quickly. I hope not at least! And they did seem entangled in a more mystery leading plot - especially doc Saunders. (meaning the remark Topher made in finale)

Garden Kitty
05-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Glad to hear it, and I just read on USA Today that Chuck got renewed for 13 episodes, so I'm happy.

JJH
05-18-2009, 07:28 PM
Christmas came in May this year. I can't believe it. Did Reaper get renewed? That would be my birthday present.

Alanya
05-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Dollhouse made me try Tru Calling.. Has there ever been a thread discussing that show on here?

JJH
05-23-2009, 07:58 PM
I don't think there has been a thread devoted to Tru Calling. I believe there must have been some reference to it in discussions about Eliza. I enjoyed Tru Calling, but I think the change history/alter the future premise is not as unusual as the Dollhouse premise.

tarotx
05-24-2009, 10:58 AM
The number one problem with True Calling is they had "this is what happened so far in the episode" flashes 5 hundred times each episode! I like/liked it and it was getting better as the show went on. Still happy about Dollhouse!

Alanya
05-24-2009, 06:49 PM
I liked first few eps. Then I missed one and read a TWOP recap. Don't do that when you like a show! :lol: Totally spoiled it all for me, pointing out the many plotholes and repeats. Anyway, watched on anyway and thought it improved a lot with the addition of a main arch. Unfortunately that had to go with introducing a character played by Jason Priestley who I so so so do noooot want to like.......................... but kinda did cos he was hilariously dry evil funny at times :shuffle:
I read where they were going with the show when it was cancelled and felt sorry I missed on that. Plotline seemed good.

But must say I cringed each time they called it a "calling". Hello Buffy? Dollhouse is indeed much more intriguing and seems like Eliza either can do more in it, or has improved a lot acting wise.. ??

Am indeed also still happy about Dollhouse but do hope they will keep up some sort of arch, not just seperate eps.

PeterG
07-24-2009, 06:08 AM
Was reading Entertainment Weekly and they made two references to Dollhouse.

First, it was mentioned that Amy Acker (as as Dr. Claire Saunders) will be a regular on ABC's "Happy Town" this fall. Joss Whedon was quoted as saying that he'll be "...sending [Happy producers] chocolate and flowers...we're desperate to have her". Whedon also said he was "disinclined" to hire another actor to be the Dollhouse's resident doctor.

EW also mentioned a number of shows being moved around, putting them opposite Dollhouse's Friday at 9pm slot:

Fox - Dollhouse
ABC - Ugly Betty
CBS - Medium (after Ghost Whisperer) - cancelled by NBC, picked up by CBS
NBC - Southland

Dollhouse's slot suddenly looks a lot tougher.... :(

Angelskates
07-24-2009, 07:01 AM
What date is it back?

PeterG
07-24-2009, 03:59 PM
What date is it back?

According to Fox.com, it will be back on Friday, September 18th. 9pm. :)

Before fox.com, I checked epguides.com. They didn't have the season two debut date, but they did mention that there is a 13th episode for season one, which can be seen only on DVD (which will be released July 28th).

That 13th episode, entitled "Epitaph One" sounds very interesting according to the (partial) fan review below...

...it takes place in the future which means we get intoduced to a whole new set of charactors. At first glance i found my self in a state of confusion because the plot is very far from the dollhouse we know and love...but the end result ... is that the technology used to produce the dolls is stolen, replicated and used to create an army which are programed to kill the humans who are not dolls and ultimately loose control and cause a global erruption of violence and destruction...

Another reviewer (how have these people seen an episode when the DVD hasn't been released yet?) tells us...

This is not actually the 13th episode of season one. It is a stand alone episode filmed to fulfill the DVD obligation of 13 episodes after having scrapped the original pilot...the DVD obligation calls for thirteen episodes, so they made a stand alone episode...It was NEVER intended to be the finale nor was it ever intended to be aired. "Omega" was ALWAYS the original finale.

tarotx
07-24-2009, 04:16 PM
If people are Eeeeeeeevil they can find both the unaired original pilot "Echo" and "Epitaph One" online. But if you can afford the DVD pleeeese buy them because it'll help Fox and others know the shows like Dollhouse are good investments

Certain members of the press were given copies to help promote the show.

Satellitegirl
07-24-2009, 04:52 PM
I swear, Fridays should just be a movie day on TV. I don't know hardly anyone who watches that much TV on a Friday. It's not fair to put shows there that might otherwise do well.