PDA

View Full Version : Dollhouse (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Alanya
05-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Hmm, when she was just lasagne girl she bored me, but the last episodes made me care for "Mellie" so I guess her acting skills aren't wasted on everyone.
Don't know what one could have against her looks, she's pretty pretty?

Kinda care more for her (and Sierra) than for Echo.. does that make me very bad? ::shuffle::

I really do think docFred is a doll, thought that before this ep already. And Paul?? Big nono for me to lock your ex-gf back up in her pod, in search for his obsession chick...

I really hope the show will be picked up. I watch with my significant other and notice we get wrapped in discussions about when it's a person when not. As I tend to see the imprints as such, even knowing they will be wiped soon after. Kind of interesting to think about, and would really like to know where Joss etc are going with this..

Angelskates
05-06-2009, 01:51 PM
Any idea when we will know if the show is continuing or not?

agalisgv
05-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Personally I think it's very unlikely the show will continue. I'm bummed about it, but the ratings just aren't there.

tarotx
05-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Yeah I have no idea how anyone can have anything against Miracle's looks-She's a knock out. I think's she's good too. Mellie/November is one of my favorite characters. Paul was obsessed with Caroline (someone who wasn't real for him) and after being called on it, only then did he fall in "Mellie's" arms.

genevieve
05-06-2009, 04:13 PM
I agree that lasagna-girl Mellie was a real drip. It's one of the reasons I knew she was a doll - she was just too too much. But since she has emerged as November, her character has taken on new depths and I think she's interesting, even when she's back to playing needy ol' Mellie. As for Miracle Laurie's looks - she's no skinny bombshell like Eliza Dushku or Diechen Whatsername (Sierra), but one of the things I like about Whedon is that he's willing to cast unconventional beauties in roles with romantic interest (he caught a LOT of flak with the actress he cast as Willow's gf on Buffy, but she turned out great).

emason
05-09-2009, 04:57 PM
So, who watched last night? Comments, anyone?

Garden Kitty
05-09-2009, 05:02 PM
I have it tivo'd, but I still have to watch the week before.

genevieve
05-09-2009, 05:20 PM
I thought it was a great episode - maybe a little rushed, but given the short season and the fact they might not get renewed, it did well to both demonstrate where the show is going and provide some satisfying answers if that was the last episode. I would have really preferred everything we've seen this season to have been spread over a normal 22-ish episode arc, but it is what it is.

Loved seeing Ballard and Boyd working together, the conundrum of Echo facing her (real) self, and the resolution for Mellie.

emason
05-09-2009, 05:38 PM
I thought it was a great episode - maybe a little rushed, but given the short season and the fact they might not get renewed, it did well to both demonstrate where the show is going and provide some satisfying answers if that was the last episode. I would have really preferred everything we've seen this season to have been spread over a normal 22-ish episode arc, but it is what it is.

Loved seeing Ballard and Boyd working together, the conundrum of Echo facing her (real) self, and the resolution for Mellie.

I agree, especially about the rush; in an effort to wrap everything up some characters got short shrift, but the door was certainly left open for more. I really liked Ballard's resolution for Mellie.

BigB08822
05-10-2009, 01:16 AM
I finally saw a couple of episodes and found the acting to be funny at times and the writing not much better. Not something I could really find myself getting into.

Alanya
05-10-2009, 01:46 AM
I loved these last eps less than the arch towards the 'issues to resolve' but enough to wanna see more.
One of the biggest mysteries seems to be the connection between "doc Saunders" and Topher? They never really answered that.
I saw IMDB has another episode listed to be aired in July.. wonder what that is about?

Season 1, Episode 13: Epitaph One
Original Air Date—28 July 2009

PeterG
05-10-2009, 06:27 AM
I thought yesterday's episode was really, really good, but I have to admit it was rushed. Some previous episodes were kind of slow, so it seems that pacing was something they were trying to sort out.

My guess is the show will not be renewed, but they were certainly starting to move things along and it got really interesting at the end!! :D

I saw IMDB has another episode listed to be aired in July.. wonder what that is about?

Season 1, Episode 13: Epitaph One
Original Air Date—28 July 2009

I looked up Dollhouse at epguides.com and saw this (it looks like it was written by a fan and not a staff member):

Sad to say, that the Networks have decided not to air this final episode. So it seems fitting to write an Epitaph for this Series/Episode.
Dollhouse: Epitaph One

May the Dolls finally find their peace and rest without having to be canceled (sic)

Hmm...does that mean that last night's episode was NOT the series finale, but there's one more episode out there we might not ever see? :( (Well, at least until the DVD package comes out... :lol:)

colinmom71
05-10-2009, 06:36 AM
I really enjoyed this last episode. I did find it interesting that Ballard negotiated for Mellie/November/Madeleine's release from her Dollhouse contract, but not for Echo/Caroline, who he's been obsessed with from the series' beginning. Maybe Echo's considered too damaged to release right now? Still, Ballard's compassion for Mellie was quite touching.

I was initially worried about the casting of Alan Tudyk for Alpha, but he rocked the part!! He was a quite pleasant surprise from what I expected. And man, Amy Acker has amazed me with her role as Whiskey/Dr. Saunders. I really hope they can keep her around if the series is renewed (she's been listed as "special guest star" for every episode so far). She's been quite pleasantly different in this series from her Fred/Illyria performances on "Angel"...

Goodness but I hope this series gets renewed! There really are so many paths, both character and plot-line related, this show can explore. And if there's anything Joss Whedon does well is character based stories....

Oh, I forgot to add this link I saw at Fark which considers "Dollhouse" as Whedon's greatest work... http://io9.com/5245968/why-dollhouse-really-is-joss-whedons-greatest-work (And yes, I agree with this assessment!).

Alanya
05-17-2009, 09:45 PM
http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/05/dollhouse-second-season.html

UPDATED: In a stunning move, sources say Fox has renewed Joss Whedon’s “Dollhouse” for next fall.

The official announcement will not be made until Monday at the network's upfront presentation, but sources confirm a deal has been struck for another 13 episodes. Fox plans to continue the show on Fridays next fall.

:cheer:

genevieve
05-17-2009, 11:06 PM
:cheer2: x infinity!!! :rollin:

Would love it more if it was for a full 22-ep season, but YAY!!!