PDA

View Full Version : Dollhouse (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Matryeshka
04-27-2009, 04:55 PM
Whedon is one of the most religion-obsessed atheists around. :)

I think most athiests are religion-obsessed. I remember taking religion classees in college--1/2 the class was deeply, deeply religious and the other 1/2 were athiest. There was never any in-between.

genevieve
04-27-2009, 05:10 PM
I would say perhaps half of the religiously-obsessed are atheists, but I don't think most atheists are obsessed with religion. I do wonder about the connection between atheists who grew up with strong religious tutelage, though, as they are walking away from something that was a huge part of their childhood. I can see a balance of 'time in, time out' as it were.

camm505
04-29-2009, 03:46 AM
Why was Adele's friend calling her "Hattie"?

I think she was saying Addie.

PeterG
05-02-2009, 06:02 AM
So did anything happen on tonight's episode? ;)

During the beginning of the episode, I was thinking, "they're just BARELY keeping me tuning in every week..." And then the last 20 minutes... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Can't believe no one has posted about tonight's episode yet...they really kicked it into high gear! Can't wait for next Friday!!! :cheer2: :cheer:

genevieve
05-02-2009, 06:20 AM
My thoughts while watching..

- weird to come in to an assignment in the middle with no context. Interesting concept (Echo being the grown up version of the litle girl...so who's the client here?)
- Paul sure is acting recklessly.....ok maybe that was kinda smart
- Enver Gjokai (Victor) did a great job speaking just like Reed Diamond (Dominic). That whole scene was great.
- wheee it's WASH from Firefly! :cheer2:
- Seems a bit soon for Paul to be busting into the Dollhouse...like they know they have to resolve the whole season in case they're cancelled :(
- The environmental systems guy is providing fun comic relief but it's a bit OTT.. And considering Paul keeps moving forward without him, I don't get why he's following along instead of running away. I bet he's a doll and they're luring Paul there. Good way to drive Paul completely round the bend at this point.
- Topher's down! :40beers:
- How is it that the very first pod room Paul goes to is magically the right one? Just how many dolls are there in this place? From the show you'd think there are 5. At least he didn't open Echo's right away.
- WTF is up with no one seeing or hearing all this fighting in the super secure fortress where all the dolls are supposed to be sleeping?
- Boyd is awesome.
- OMG IT'S ALPHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!ponie s! That was a good reveal. :respec:
- Hello, Boyd and Adele, stop bantering with the prisoner and look at your spyscreens!!!
- Please don't let Victor die

Wow. As Peter said, the last 20 minutes made the first part work. And now we see how the show will move on from this season..c'mon FOX, renew renew renew...
-

Angelskates
05-02-2009, 11:57 AM
I really hope Fox renews. That episode was awesome! AWESOME.

I wonder if the doctor is a doll.

Alanya
05-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Last eppie made that kinda clear, no?

Wyliefan
05-05-2009, 12:06 AM
Shoot, is EVERYONE a doll? Kind of takes the fun out of it.

(I'm way behind -- one of my friends DVR's the episodes and we watch them when we all get together. But I'm not that invested in it, so I don't mind reading spoilers.)

Garden Kitty
05-05-2009, 12:32 AM
I hope it gets renewed too. It's definitely improving as the season goes on. I'm disturbed enough that NBC announced part of its schedule today and it includes a number of shows that make me go :huh: but no Chuck. There's still a chance it will get picked up, but it wasn't included with the shows they announced today.

genevieve
05-05-2009, 12:51 AM
OT, but all of the new shows announced by NBC look awful. I hope they bring Chuck back!

Christina
05-05-2009, 01:56 AM

I think she is. Dominic called her "Whiskey" when he was under the influence of the drug in the chair. I've always assumed she is a doll and we just haven't found it out yet.

Wyliefan
05-05-2009, 02:17 AM
I hope it gets renewed too. It's definitely improving as the season goes on. I'm disturbed enough that NBC announced part of its schedule today and it includes a number of shows that make me go :huh: but no Chuck. There's still a chance it will get picked up, but it wasn't included with the shows they announced today.

Nikki Finke (http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/) has sounded pretty confident about it.

colinmom71
05-05-2009, 05:14 AM

There has been huge speculation about the Doctor being a doll, especially so after this last episode. Many are basing this theory on Dominic (via Victor) calling out for Whiskey and looking around towards the doctor's direction, and when Alpha asks the doc if she'd always wanted to be a doctor and said she was lying when she said yes.

Personally, I think this published speculation may be a mistaken misdirection and/or active "foiler" by Whedon's camp. He's done this before with "Buffy" and "Angel" and the internet speculators.

Personally, I think Dominic didn't necessarily look at the doctor when he called out "whiskey". He seemed to be looking just beyond or aside her direction. The entire scene was shot in a somewhat disjointed manner, so as not to reveal all parties' dialogues and visual shots at all times. That has been a previous Whedon tactic when he's going to later reveal something jaw-dropping going on within the scene...

And yes, this show has gotten better with each episode and deserves to be renewed. I think my only criticism is that Whedon needs to stop *automatically* relying on familiar writers and actors to fulfill said duties. So far, the strongest episodes have been helmed by Whedon and/or Espinson (yes I know her history) and acted by support or guest actors (thinking Patton Oswalt and the Dollhouse staff of Adelle, Boyd, Dominic and Victor).

Oh, and Miracle Laurie (Mellie/November) has been a great find! Probably Whedon's best casting find since Amy Acker (Doll's Dr. and Angel's Fred)...

PeterG
05-05-2009, 06:18 AM
Oh, and Miracle Laurie (Mellie/November) has been a great find! Probably Whedon's best casting find since Amy Acker (Doll's Dr. and Angel's Fred)...

:eek:

Really? The scene where she walks out onto the bridge, all despondant (or so it must have said in the script), I was thinking, "damn, she can't act!" I also don't think that someone like Ballard would end up dating someone like Mellie, both personality and looks-wise. I assumed the actress was a good friend of Whedon's! :lol:

emason
05-05-2009, 03:46 PM
:eek:

Really? The scene where she walks out onto the bridge, all despondant (or so it must have said in the script), I was thinking, "damn, she can't act!" I also don't think that someone like Ballard would end up dating someone like Mellie, both personality and looks-wise. I assumed the actress was a good friend of Whedon's! :lol:

I have to agree with you here; Miracle Laurie is the most boring, uninteresting actor on the show. I cringe through every scene she has if I'm awake; half the time, however, her monotone voice has already put me to sleep.