PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk footie shall we?! :)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

NeilJLeonard
06-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Brazil 3 v 0 USA. USA picks up 1 more red card. I missed the broadcast, but ESPN2 will replay it after midnight. All things considered I'll probably miss that, too.

NJL ( it sems the USA is learning the truth to the old adage that "If you want to run with the big dogs you have to stop peeing like a puppy"...:( ...)

Buzz
06-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Now that is one expression I have not heard before. :lol:

KHenry14
06-19-2009, 07:26 PM
I hope you didn't watch it Neil, I'm sorry I did.

This was a disasterous performance. The team wasn't prepared to play, as they gave up an early goal for the third time in four games. They lack discipline, as indicated by another red card foul. They are poorly coached as Bradley has instructed the team to play long ball passes over and over again which never connect, and poorly led by Bradley as shown by the lineup Bradley put out there. I mean, Beasley and Klejstan should never have been on the pitch in the first place. And then, with the outcome not in doubt, why did Bradley not use his last sub? Couldn't Adu, Torres or Davies used some experience playing against a side like Brazil??? The world wonders...

After watching the team over the past couple of months, the team is getting worse, not better. IMO, Bradley's job ought to be on the line over these issues.

Buzz
06-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Spain beat South Africa 2-0. There was no commentary for most of the match, and it was refreashing. :lol: New Zealand and Iraq drew 0-0.

KHenry14
06-22-2009, 01:06 AM
Miracles do happen...

USA 3 Egypt 0

and on top of that...

Brazil 3 Italy 0 and that means the USA advances to the Semi's (take THAT Giuseppe Rossi)

The USA team was undoubtedly embarrassed by their two previous games came out and played well. And the USA seems to have found a RB in Jonathan Spector and a CB in Jay Demerit.

BTW, I have no illusions of the USA beating Spain. I just want them to play hard for 90 minutes.

NeilJLeonard
06-22-2009, 03:35 AM
Miracles do happen...

USA 3 Egypt 0

and on top of that...

Brazil 3 Italy 0 and that means the USA advances to the Semi's (take THAT Giuseppe Rossi)

The USA team was undoubtedly embarrassed by their two previous games came out and played well. And the USA seems to have found a RB in Jonathan Spector and a CB in Jay Demerit.

BTW, I have no illusions of the USA beating Spain. I just want them to play hard for 90 minutes.
Strangest thing I've seen in ages....:swoon: ... Now if they can only give Spain a game I'm happy. I've no illusions either. All I want is some passion & effort.

NJL (glad you posted KH...It's taken me awhile to actually believe it...:D ...)

ETA: Mr Rossi came in as a sub for Italy. He was a weapon from distance forcing a surprised Brazilian keeper to make saves on a couple powerful dead-on shots, something that USA keeper Tim Howard was unable to do (in fairness, Rossi's goals against Tim we not only powerful, but impossibly placed, too...Tim had no chance). Nevertheless, Brad Guzan played goal for the USA against Egypt and gave up no goals....Tim Howard gave up 6 in the tournament...:(. I now wonder who'll start against Spain.

KHenry14
06-22-2009, 08:06 PM
I hadn't thought about starting Guzan, but I have to admit, he looked better than Timmy did. But usually Bradley goes with experience, so I expect Timmy to play. But if he plays Beasley, I'll fly to SA to give him an earful!!

Funny story I read...Sunil Gulati, the head of US Soccer, went public that he received over 200 emails demanding that Bradley get fired after the Brazil debacle. The people over at Big Soccer were pretty angry I guess! :lol:

Buzz
06-24-2009, 07:57 AM
Four Iranian footballers have been hit with life time bans for wearing green wristbands during their WC qualifier against Korea. So sad to see politics playing a role in football. Sad too that these players international career is over. Hopefully if they still play at home that their cub placement will not be effected.

http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/23/lifetime-ban-for-4-iranian-players/

Buzz
06-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Carlos Tevez is refused to renew his contract with Manchester United. He is believed to be joining either Chelsea or Manchester City. Good Luck to him but does seem to be puzzing move. After all the trouble Man U had to sign him, he blots at the first opportunity. Meanwhile Atletico says Sergio Aguero is not for sale and Man U will have to pay a lot of money if they want him.

Sofia Alexandra
06-24-2009, 03:28 PM
Is anybody following the U21 Euros? They're taking place here in Sweden, so the games are all shown live, and I have to say, the Swedish U21 squad is waaaayy more interesting to follow than "the big boys". :watch: Gives me great hope for the future, it does. :rollin:
Semi final 1 is Italy versus Germany, semi final 2 is England versus Sweden, both games on Friday. I'm hoping for Italy - Sweden in the final, even though they beat us in the group stage. :watch:

Buzz
06-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Have to admit I haven't followed it as much as I have the Confederations Cup but I have noticed England and Italy seems to be doing well.

gerb
06-24-2009, 07:59 PM
1-0 USA :eek: (28 minutes in)

gerb
06-24-2009, 09:21 PM
2-0 USA Game over!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Orable
06-24-2009, 09:50 PM
USA! USA! USA!

In the words of my Canadian friend, "Today's events surely prove beyond any doubt that North Americans are better than Europeans at football. Or shall we now call it "soccer"?"

:D :kickass:

Sofia Alexandra
06-24-2009, 10:00 PM
"Today's events surely prove beyond any doubt that North Americans are better than Europeans at football. Or shall we now call it "soccer"?"I don't know about that, Spain played fantastically, they just didn't manage to score. So yeah, the US has a pretty good goalie, and some pretty good defence, and this time they managed to score too, buuut in the long run I'd say they still not as good as Spain, France, Italy, England, Germany, Brazil, Argentina, et al. :P