PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk footie shall we?! :)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69

Buzz
09-30-2010, 02:30 AM
Tomorrow it is the turn of the Europa League and some of the matches set to kick off are:

Dortmund v Sevilla
Napoli v Steaua
Liverpool v Utrecht
Anderlecht v Hajduk Split ( still loving this name! :lol: )
Zenit v AEK
Stuttgart v OB
Palermo v Lausanne
Villarreal v Brugge
Sheriff v Dynamo Kyiv
Sporting v Levski
Atletico v Leverkusen
Man City v Juventus ( I want to see this one the most! )

P.S.
Is there any possibility of CSKA Moscow's coach Leonid Slutski and Irina Slutskaya being related? LOL Just asking cause this FS fan happen to have a VERY overactive imagination. :shuffle:

Buzz
09-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Dirk Kuyt thinks Liverpool can win the Europa League. Good luck to them but by the way Liverpool are struggling in the EPL I am not so sure.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2915/europa-league/2010/09/30/2143927/dirk-kuyt-convinced-liverpool-can-win-the-europa-league

Buzz
10-01-2010, 12:38 AM
I watched two of today's draws unfortunately. LOL Liverpool 0-0 Utrecht, and Man City 1-1 Juventus. Here are the other results from today's matches.

Sampdoria 1 - 0 Debrecen
CSKA Moskva 3 - 0 Sparta Praha
Zenit 4 - 2 AEK
Rapid Wien 1 - 2 Beşiktaş
Dortmund 0 - 1 Sevilla
Metalist 0 - 2 PSV
CSKA Sofia 0 - 1 Porto
Steaua 3 - 3 Napoli
OB 1 - 2 Stuttgart
PSG 2 - 0 Karpaty
Hajduk Split 1 - 0 Anderlecht
Utrecht 0 - 0 Liverpool
Young Boys 2 - 0 Getafe
Sheriff 2 - 0 Dynamo Kyiv
Man. City 1 - 1 Juventus
Atlético 1 - 1 Leverkusen
Lech 2 - 0 Salzburg
PAOK 1 - 0 Dinamo Zagreb
Palermo 1 - 0 Lausanne
Rosenborg 2 - 1 Aris
BATE 4 - 1 AZ
Sporting 5 - 0 Levski
Gent 1 - 1 Lille
Villarreal 2 - 1 Club Brugge

Buzz
10-02-2010, 02:31 PM
1) Dynamo Kyiv and AEK Athens are both looking for new coaches after their respective head coachs resigned following poor results both at home and in Europe.
2) Russia will be switching to a fall/spring season for the 2012/2013 season which means no 2011/2012 winners will be crowned.
3) Manchester City faces a $121m loss this season and the club's spending is under scrutiny by UEFA.
4) The FIFA rankings lists: 1) SPAIN, 2) NETHERLANDS & 3) GERMANY with BRAZIL & ARGENTINA coming in as number 4 & 5.
5) Canada is sandwiched between Togo and Rep. Georgia in the 88th position. :lol:
6) Sergio Aguero is out with for a while with an injury to the gluteus maximus. I wonder if he needs a massage therapist. :hat1:

Buzz
10-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Manchester City just won 2-1 over Newcastle, Liverpool is trailing Blackpool 1-0 and my boys tied 0-0 with Sunderland. :( Liverpool is currently trailing Blackpool 2-0 and Ashavin is injured for Arsenal while Fernando Torres is reportedly injured again for Liverpool. Further east Zenit fc with two extra games on hand is in the lead in the Russian PL and all but certain in claim the title with Rubin settling for 2nd spot this time. Currently Chelsea v Arsenal is about to start, and later finally Goltv Canada will be showing the Barcelona vs Mallorca at about 6pm and I can hardly wait. :)

Buzz
10-03-2010, 10:27 PM
Things just keep getting from bad to worse for Liverpool. They lost to Blackpool today 2-1 and sit in the bottom 3 of the EPL table. Things better change soon or else Liverpool could possibly be in danger soon of being demoted. And the NYTimes has a nice article on the little club called Mainz who are causing all sorts of upsets over in Germany, and the same article also talks about Vallencia. NYTimes talks about these clubs because they are succeeding without having the huge budgets of other clubs. So check out the article it makes for some nice reading. :)

Buzz
10-03-2010, 10:33 PM
DOH! I just went around checking the scores for today including the results from the La Liga so now watching Barca later is not going to be as much fun now that i know the score. Speaking for the SPL, Real just beat Deportivo 6-1. ouch....

EURO 2012 qualifying continues this friday October 8th. Here are some of the fixtures to be played:

8th October
Germany v Turkey
Armenia v Slovakia
Rep Ireland v Russia
N Ireland v Italy
Greece v Latvia
Montenegro v Switzerland
Portugal v Denmark
Czech Rep v Scotland
Spain v Lithuania

9th October
France v Romania
Israel v Croatia

KHenry14
10-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Things just keep getting from bad to worse for Liverpool. They lost to Blackpool today 2-1 and sit in the bottom 3 of the EPL table. Things better change soon or else Liverpool could possibly be in danger soon of being demoted. And the NYTimes has a nice article on the little club called Mainz who are causing all sorts of upsets over in Germany, and the same article also talks about Vallencia. NYTimes talks about these clubs because they are succeeding without having the huge budgets of other clubs. So check out the article it makes for some nice reading. :)

There's too much talent on Liverpool for them to get relegated....but even so it's incredibly embarrassing for the Reds to ever be down there.

Buzz
10-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Liverpool can take heart in knowing it knowing that it is still very early in the season. There is time left for them to improve, but a place in Europe maybe doubtful. Meanwhile the WC trophy is on display at Chelsea fc for the next two days as part of an exclusive invitation only event.
http://www.worldfootballinsider.com/Story.aspx?id=33771

Four members of Arsenal, R. Van Persie, T. Vermaelen, C. Fabregas, and C. Vela take in an exhibition NBA match in London recently. I can hardly recognise them with regular clothes on. :)
http://www.thefinalthird.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/arsenal_at_lakers.jpg

zhenya271
10-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Do you think Pepe Reina would leave Liverpool for Bayern Munich? They are said to have had their eyes on him for the Jan. transfer window. I guess A.C. Milan could possibly consider selling Pato for big pounds to Manchester City in order to buy Gerrard during the same period. Of course, January still along way off and so much can change.

Glad that punk, DeJong got dropped from the Dutch NT for this upcoming game against Sweden. A one time incident maybe, but three times?! He should have been suspended from the Premiere League.

Buzz
10-05-2010, 11:12 PM
There are so much transfer gossip around even now that I think it is hard to judge what is going to happen come January. If Liverpool's fortunes continue to decline the team may have no choice but to sell some of their best players to raise money. So anything is possible. Then there is Mark Schwarzer openly saying he wants to be transfered to Arsenal come the next transfer season because he wants to play in the CL.

oleada
10-06-2010, 06:14 AM
Thought some people in this thread would be interested. A lot of my friends are buzzing about a new documentary called "The Two Escobars", which is about Andres Escobar's murder, and Escobar's involvement in Colombian soccer. It was shown on ESPN, and it was really, really well done. It's emotional and powerful, and it has interviews with (both)Escobar's relatives, presidents, US officials, etc. I loved it, though I have to admit, it's right up my alley, as I'm Colombian and a soccer.

You can watch it on YT - this user has all 11 parts of it:
http://www.youtube.com/user/CaptainCANADA2388

Buzz
10-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Thanks Oleada. :)

The Liverpool Saga continues. A new owner is trying to buy the club but this potential new buyer is also American and that does not make many happy. There is all sorts of back room deal going on right now because the current owners wants as much as possible for the club and there is wranging about the composition of the board. Anyways Liverpool's woes are not going to end anytime soon. And it's debt to RBS is due SOON.

http://dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/10/06/liverpool-fc-strikes-deal-with-red-sox-owner/?ref=global-home

Buzz
10-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Here is an article talking about the Liverpool's later American suitor John W Henry.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/oct/06/liverpool-fc-supporters-verdict

Aceon6
10-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Buzz... if John Henry gets Liverpool, it will be in good hands. His management team has done a good job with the Red Sox, paying players fairly and developing new talent. He's good at marketing and will likely be able to increase revenues. Bonus is that Liverpool will probably pick up a few hundred thousand new followers.