PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk footie shall we?! :)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Buzz
09-08-2010, 02:37 PM
ESPN's case for holding the World Cup in the USA. :)
http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/blog/_/name/schaerlaeckens_leander/id/5527240/memo-fifa-soccer-big-us

Buzz
09-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Bulgaria's national coach has quit following their 2nd successive loss in Euro qualifying, and team captain Stilian Petrov could leave the team as well. Sad to see this promising team in such a mess.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1310055/Aston-Villas-Stilian-Petrov-quit-Bulgaria-shocking-start-Euro-2012-qualifying-claims-coach.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

fragoletta
09-08-2010, 11:26 PM
^Well, I for once am not shedding any tears for neither of them...That coach was taking 50000 lv (about $30000) a month for doing what? Making play only the players coming from his former team and whose agents were his friends/ex-colleagues. And Stilian Petrov already left the team once before because he was offended his teammates didn't choose him for captain! :huh: He then returned but now refuses to speak to journalist, he's offended to them, too! I'd rather see young boys in the national team, still learning the game but pouring their heart into it, even if they lose, than these primadonas/incompetent players. And seriuosly can we go any worse than that?

Sorry for the rant! :P

Buzz
09-10-2010, 12:29 AM
The FIFA delegation is now in Houston. :)
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2010/09/09/sports/s160314D48.DTL

Portugal's team coach Carlos Queiroz has been fired. He had been involved in an off field controversy involving dope testing. :watch:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5iHIWP1zDsgpEvsAsqUFsUZSBdLYA

Buzz
09-10-2010, 11:27 PM
Gerard Houllier is Aston Villa's new head coach, and so ends my dream of Bob Bradley coaching in Europe. (for now anyway!) While Rio Ferdinand should be ready soon to resume his place in the Man U squad.

KHenry14
09-11-2010, 01:08 AM
[QUOTE=Buzz;2872022]Gerard Houllier is Aston Villa's new head coach, and so ends my dream of Bob Bradley coaching in Europe. (for now anyway!) [QUOTE]

Villa was too good a side for Bob to jump in and take on IMO. Had it been a bottom of the table team, he'd have had a better shot. I just don't think the better teams are going to take on a guy who doesn't have any EPL experience.

I actually do think that BB will get a chance one day, one wonders what kind of out clauses he has in his contract with US Soccer?

Buzz
09-11-2010, 01:21 PM
I am watching Everton v Man U and the score is still 0-0. Tim Howard just made a helluva save for Everton! Well done by the US NT keeper! :cheer2: To bad it was against Man U tho.... LOL

Buzz
09-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Vote for the European country you would most like to see host the 2018 WC. Since all have agreed that the 2018 will go to Europe. This is a Washinton Post poll.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2010/09/poll_2018_world_cup_should_be.html

fragoletta
09-11-2010, 02:00 PM
I am watching Everton v Man U and the score is still 0-0. Tim Howard just made a helluva save for Everton! Well done by the US NT keeper! :cheer2: To bad it was against Man U tho.... LOL

It just became 2:1 for your boys :))) Agree on Howard, he had a couple of great savings in the 1st half, the 1st goal was totally the defenders' fault...

Vote for the European country you would most like to see host the 2018 WC. Since all have agreed that the 2018 will go to Europe. This is a Washinton Post poll.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2010/09/poll_2018_world_cup_should_be.html

Hmm, no to Netherlands/Belgium because they had the Euro 2000, Spain would be a :cheer2: choice but Portugal had the Euro 2008 and I think chance should be given to more countries and not just repeating the same ol' dogs...Russia would be groovy, I think, these people know how to pull out such mass organizations...And I have a soft spot for England, beside there is something romantic about this choice, after all it's the birthplace of the game...In any case, I shal start saving :D

joeperryfan
09-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Hmm, no to Netherlands/Belgium because they had the Euro 2000, Spain would be a :cheer2: choice but Portugal had the Euro 2008 and I think chance should be given to more countries and not just repeating the same ol' dogs...Russia would be groovy, I think, these people know how to pull out such mass organizations...And I have a soft spot for England, beside there is something romantic about this choice, after all it's the birthplace of the game...In any case, I shal start saving :D

I'm pretty sure we had Euros in 2004 here in Portugal, in 08 it was Austria/Switzerland. We already have the stadiums built (as long as they aren't demolished in the mean time) and both countries are great hosts of sports events(That's about the only good thing about my country), we also have good weather. :-p

I was reading ONTD football and Ballack's agent is really talking out of his *ss, which reminds me one of the reason why I cheer for a foreign football team, to bypass the bs since it's not readily available on tv and newspapers that I actually watch and read, note to self don't go to gossip blogs.

Carlos Queiroz situation is ridiculous, the federation wanted to sack him but they had to pay him a huge amount of money, so they started finding reasons to discharge him and a doctor came forward saying that CQ had offended him when he dropped by at 8h30 am for a doping test. Seriously, if you show up on someone's doorstep at 8h30, do you really expect them to be polite? Did he say something he hadn't heard before? The situation escalated and he was finally fired, but I don't know if the federation had to pay the indemnities.

Buzz
09-11-2010, 03:34 PM
At the 90 minute mark it was 3-1 for Man U then the unthinkable! :eek: Two goals in two minutes for Everton and the game ended 3-3!!!! :wideeyes:

fragoletta
09-11-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm pretty sure we had Euros in 2004 here in Portugal, in 08 it was Austria/Switzerland. We already have the stadiums built (as long as they aren't demolished in the mean time) and both countries are great hosts of sports events(That's about the only good thing about my country), we also have good weather. :-p

Oops, my bad, of course you are right about the years...That final you lost then :mad:..damn, I am still cringing at the thought! I was ready to put money on Portugal before the match and I doubt that we will ever see a more undeserving champion at any level than the Greeks...anti-football by the book!

You are also right about having the facilities and of course being a successful host once is a plus for you...But as I said I prefer seeing new countries host the cup and England hasn't been a host in a long time, I believe, and Russia probably never!

Buzz, I stopped watching at 3-1 (:cheer2: for Berbatov's excellent goal) and I couldn't believe either when my dad told me the final result! :wideeyes:

Buzz
09-12-2010, 05:59 AM
There were a couple of results elsewhere in Europe that should make Man U feel better. LOL First over to Spain where someone named Hercules defeated Barcelona 2-0 while AC Cesena took down AC Milan by the same margin 2-0. Been that sort of week in Europe. While as far as those teams are concerned, it makes the game more exciting to see these smaller lesser known teams give the big boys a run for their money. (my Man U is excepted from that rule of course! hehehe :saint: )

zhenya271
09-12-2010, 06:32 AM
There were a couple of results elsewhere in Europe that should make Man U feel better. LOL First over to Spain where someone named Hercules defeated Barcelona 2-0 while AC Cesena took down AC Milan by the same margin 2-0. Been that sort of week in Europe. While as far as those teams are concerned, it makes the game more exciting to see these smaller lesser known teams give the big boys a run for their money. (my Man U is excepted from that rule of course! hehehe :saint: )

I guess Cesena will be one to keep an eye on. Last week they managed to hold AS Roma to a draw. Today's game with Milan was a real surprise though. Aren't they pretty new to Serie A?

Buzz
09-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Believe it or not I am watching the Russian Premier League on tv right now. Doesn't that beat all? And Lokomotiv so far is leading CSKA Moscow 1-0.