PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk footie shall we?! :)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Buzz
05-13-2009, 02:21 PM
There is some juicy tranfer rumours out and about. Or at least there are some famous teams looking to do some shopping around. Arsenal wants Roque Santa Cruz but faces stiff competition from several other teams for his services. And according to rumours if Real wants Ronaldo they will have to pay out something like 80m for his services! :eek: But Ronaldo is staying put if I had anything to say about the matter. :2faced:

Buzz
05-13-2009, 02:49 PM
BTW... How is Freddy Adu doing? I know he is on loan from Benfica to a club in monarco. What does that say about his career?

KHenry14
05-15-2009, 12:56 AM
BTW... How is Freddy Adu doing? I know he is on loan from Benfica to a club in monarco. What does that say about his career?

He's not playing much Buzz....only nine appearances with Monaco this season. But the latest info has him going back to Benfica after Monaco's season is over. Let's not forget that his move to Monaco was brought about by the ex-head of Monaco, who was trying to bring in more N. American and Asian players, but he got fired in March, so this experiment is over because of that. Which means essentially he's stalled right now.

Anyone who follows the US Mens National team wonders where Freddy will fit in next year. But most of us think that Bob Bradley isn't too high on Freddy right now. Freddy doesn't have the greatest reputation for tracking back to play defense, but anyone who's seen him compete in the underage programs knows of his talent. Frankly, the kid can really take set pieces and corners, and he shows flashes of brilliance, especially when he's on the field with Jozy Altidore. But consistency is a real issue. Plus most people think he needs to get stronger as he can get muscled off the ball to easily sometimes. But the talent is there, the question is, can he take the talent and make him into the #10 that the USA desperately needs.

Buzz
05-16-2009, 11:05 PM
Manchester United is once again EPL champions! :cheer2: Can there be any doubt now as to what the CL champions will be?! :EVILLE:

Buzz
05-17-2009, 02:42 PM
Congratulations to Barcalona on winning the La Liga. :cheer2:

Buzz
05-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Inter Milan are Serie A champs for the 17th time. Congratulations to them. :)

Buzz
05-18-2009, 12:22 AM
I have just been checking the group standing in Europe for the WC and realised that N. Ireland tops group 3 above Poland and Czech Republic. I know there is still a long way to go but still, how on earth does that tiny place reach the top of its group! All I can say is I am bowled over. :eek:

Buzz
05-21-2009, 12:54 PM
Congrats to Shakhtar Donetsk on winning the UEFA Cup.

NeilJLeonard
05-21-2009, 02:42 PM
Congrats to Shakhtar Donetsk on winning the UEFA Cup.
Yes, congrats are in order. They were the better team, by at least a goal (and they had more Brazilians in their starting 11 than Bremen - 5 to 1, I believe), but, Werder Bremen made a game of it. The score was tied 1-1 at regulation, so another 30 minutes was required. Shakhtar scored in the 1st OT & Bremen had no reply so Shakhtar Donetsk became the last UEFA Cup Champion after 120 minutes of play.

NJL (next year the UEFA Cup becomes the EUROPA Cup, or something like that...:o ....consequently, Shakhtar become the first Ukranian UEFA Cup Champion & The last UEFA Cup Champion....:) ..)

NeilJLeonard
05-27-2009, 08:45 PM
at the half: Barca 1 - 0 Man U

Eto'o scores at 10 minutes after undressing Man U defense...:eek:

NJL (I really expected Buzz to have posted about this already...;) ...)

ETA: Final is Barca 2 - 0 Man U

Leonel Messi scores Barca's 2nd goal at 70 minutes to break Man U's hearts. I am most emphatically not a fan of FCB, but, it must be said that the better team won this match. Barca stakes it's claim as the best team in Europe, and probably in the world, by outplaying & stifling Man U completely and thoroughly dominating them in every phase of the game. Congrats to FC Barcelona...:vomit:

Buzz
05-28-2009, 05:56 AM
My hours at work has changed so unfortunately I was at work when it happened!!! BUMMER!!! :( Just got home so only now am I able to post and watch the game etc. I think it is good for the game if the EPL do not dominate the CL, so I am not put out by Barcalona's win. To besides I like Messi and happy to see him do so well. So congratulations to Barca on a well deserved win. :respec: :nopryde: Now how soon does the 2009/2010 season begin?! :D

BrokenAnkle
05-28-2009, 04:06 PM
edit

KHenry14
05-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Frankly, that was a disturbingly bad performance by the Red Devils. In particular the mid-field play was terrible, allowing FCB to control the play. But all 11 ManU players need to look into the mirror today and ask themselves did they really give their bests yesterday. And I think the answer will be a resounding NO!

BTW, I hate it when I accidently post under my wife's ID!

NeilJLeonard
05-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Frankly, that was a disturbingly bad performance by the Red Devils. In particular the mid-field play was terrible, allowing FCB to control the play. But all 11 ManU players need to look into the mirror today and ask themselves did they really give their bests yesterday. And I think the answer will be a resounding NO!

BTW, I hate it when I accidently post under my wife's ID!
Man U simply had a really, really bad day at the office. One of those game where they simply can't execute. Again, Barca had a lot to do with that, but Man U was a half step off from the 10th minute on. They gave their best, but met a better team yesterday.

NJL (after this fall and winter it really annoys me to see Barca prosper, but, that too, is the way it goes...:( ...)

KHenry14
05-28-2009, 09:09 PM
I'm just moving on to Saturday rooting on Timmy Howard and Everton to a big win over the Blues! :D