PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk footie shall we?! :)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Buzz
08-31-2010, 03:38 AM
I am sad to hear this as well. Aston Villa needs a coach rrrreally bad. And I was hoping we would see Bradley get his chance of coaching in Europe. But such contracts are not written in stone, cough, cough, *Dick Advocaat* cough, cough, so all is not lost.

NeilJLeonard
08-31-2010, 12:48 PM
In a major surprise, US Soccer just re-signed Bob Bradley for another four years to coach the USMNT. One wonders if they just didn't have any other options, or if Bob knew he wasn't going to get the job at Villa so he took this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ap-ussoccer-bradley

Speaking for myself, this is a disapointment. We've gone as far as we can with Bradley, now we are stuck with another four years of poor choices for starting lineups....:(
I agree. Bob did well in the last cycle. He got us there and, for the 1st time ever, won the group. Obviously his coaching has some virtues, but his player selection is frequently suspect.

Hopefully he can find some help for the backline, see KH's post #851, and at least 1 forward that can score consistently.

We'll see.

NJL (..surprised by this and not at all happy with it....:(...)

Buzz
09-01-2010, 03:03 AM
Robinho is now an AC Milan man while Asamoah Gyan is now with Sunderland. That is it for this transfer season. :)

Buzz
09-01-2010, 05:28 PM
UEFA has issued a ban on vuvuzelas at all UEFA competitions which includes; the Champions League, Europa League, Euro 2012 and qualifiers. THANK GOODNESS!!! :cheer2:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/uefa-bans-vuvuzelas-from-euro-2012-champions-league/article1692444/?cmpid=rss1

zhenya271
09-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Does anyone have any advice on how to watch/stream 3 games at once? Italy, Spain and Germany all play around the same time on Friday. Is ESPN3 the way to go? I have TimeWarner cable. I think they are having talks. If I subscribe maybe that will ensure other cable subscribers will finally get ESPN3 for free!:rolleyes: TIA!:)

Buzz
09-02-2010, 07:28 AM
The head of the Russian Football Union has issued a statement defending the organisation's track record in tackling racism in Russian football. There have been a picture widely circulated on the internet of a racist banner targeting Nigerian international Peter Odemwingie. Other black players in the country have openly talked in the past about the high level of Racism they face everyday in the country. The issued could possibly derail Russia's 2018 bid. I think if Russia admit's it has a problem and makes steps to fight racism in football and society in general, then the problem of racism in Russian should not totally down their dream of hosting the tournament. Giving them the chance to host could force them to open up more but denying them the tournament will give them no reason to face the issue.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8955148.stm

Buzz
09-02-2010, 07:31 AM
Does anyone have any advice on how to watch/stream 3 games at once? Italy, Spain and Germany all play around the same time on Friday. Is ESPN3 the way to go? I have TimeWarner cable. I think they are having talks. If I subscribe maybe that will ensure other cable subscribers will finally get ESPN3 for free!:rolleyes: TIA!:)

I subscribe to Setanta Sports at a cost of $15.00 a month just so I could get to regularly watch football. Sorry that I don't have an answer except to say that you could follow all the matches on the various associations websites. I usually check the UEFA site to follow matches I can't see.

Buzz
09-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Fabien Barthez and Zinedine Zidane are two of the French superstars of the recent past who has come aboard to try and piece together back the French national team in time for the start of their Euro 2012 qualifiying compaign. Their first game will be against Belarus.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gWBy47baKu_9WHTY6BaOhen8K_JAD9HV84RG0

Buzz
09-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Several of England's biggest names are likely to miss the start of their country's Euro qualifying compaign against Bulgaria. Amoung the absentees could possible be Frank Lampard, John Terry and Peter Crouch. Footie players are so overworked that I cannot blame them for wanting to rest up a bit since they are recovering from injury. Most these guys have national league matches, Champions League (or Europe League) matches, Euro qualifiers, and soon enough WC qualifiers as well.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gWBy47baKu_9WHTY6BaOhen8K_JAD9HV84RG0

Buzz
09-02-2010, 10:05 PM
BTW... Those aforementioned Euro 2012 qualifiers will begin tomorrow and here are some of the matches being played:

England vs Bulgaris
Spain vs Liechtenstein
Holland vs San Marino
Slovenia vs Northern Ireland
France vs Belarus
Potugal vs Cyprus
Norway vs Iceland
Russia vs Andorra
Germay vs Belgium
Slovakia vs Macedonia
Romania vs Albania
Sweden vs Hungary
Croatia vs Latvia
Greece vs Georgia
Wales vs Montenegro
Serbia vs Feroe Islands

http://bettingchoice.co.uk/euro-2012-qualifying-matches-on-september-3-full-preview-and-betting-odds_20746

zhenya271
09-02-2010, 10:55 PM
I subscribe to Setanta Sports at a cost of $15.00 a month just so I could get to regularly watch football. Sorry that I don't have an answer except to say that you could follow all the matches on the various associations websites. I usually check the UEFA site to follow matches I can't see.

Thanks, Buzz! Turns out you can't pay to subscribe to ESPN3.com. The subscriptions on the page were only for ESPN mags.:rolleyes: So if you don't have the right cable/internet serv. provider, no ESPN3.

I will have to look into Setana Sports, FOX Soccer is only showing the England NT this weekend and several times at that!:confused:

Buzz
09-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Just a few quick notes:

1. Michael Ballack is once again the German captain
2. Micheal Essen will not be playing for his country in the near future
3. No Euro qualifiers for me because none is being shown in any of the channels I receive. Bummer. :(
4. Extra officials will be used for the Euro qualifiers.
5. Fernando Torres will be back for Spain against Liechenstein.
6. UEFA U-21 qualifying is also underway.
7. Rafael Van Der Vaart was an eleventh hour and fifty-nineth minute transfer to Spurs.
8. The favourite for the top job at Aston Villa is now said to be Gerard Houllier.

Buzz
09-04-2010, 06:09 AM
Results from today's Euro 2012 qualifiers:

1. France lost 1-0 at home to Belarus today.
2. Spain beat Liechenstein 4-0,
3. Italy scrapped past Estonia 2-1,
4. Germany beat Belgium 1-0,
5. Cyprus drew 4-4 with Portugal ,
6. Netherlands beat San Marino 5-0
7. Turkey beat Kazakhstan 3-0
8. Russia beat Andorra 2-0
9. Rep Ireland beat Armenia 1-0
10. Serbia beat Feroe Islands 3-0
11. Moldova beat Finland
12. Romania and Albania drew level 1-1
13. Croatia beat Latvia 3-0
14. Greece and Georgia drew 1-1
15. Norway beat Iceland 2-1
16. N. Ireland beat Slovenia 1-0
17. Scotland and Lithuania drew 0-0

18. England beat Bulgaria 4-0. - I actually expected the England vs Bulgaria to be the most even match up of all today's qualifying fixtures. So while I am happy for the English I am a tad bit disappointed.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro2012/matches/season=2012/round=15171/match=2002075/postmatch/report/index.html#huntelaar+sparks+dutch+delight

fragoletta
09-04-2010, 09:01 AM
18. England beat Bulgaria 4-0. - I actually expected the England vs Bulgaria to be the most even match up of all today's qualifying fixtures. So while I am happy for the English I am a tad bit disappointed.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro2012/matches/season=2012/round=15171/match=2002075/postmatch/report/index.html#huntelaar+sparks+dutch+delight

If only you knew....:P I am not surprised at all, I actually predicted 3:0 and deliberately decided to spare myself the humiliation as I went out and didn't watch the game. With such a coach, both incompetent and weak in front of the players' agents and his own bosses at the FA, each of them pushing their own agenda, with such a terrible goal keeper that there is virtually no club in the world who would want him, even for free, and the only reason he is playing is, yes, you guessed it, his father is the head of the FA!!! So we got what we deserve and I actually find it very hard pulling for this team until there is a cardinal change in the managing crew and the attitude of the footballers themselves.

Buzz
09-04-2010, 02:13 PM
That is a shame but sounds like all they need is a now coach. There is still time to salvage their campaigne. :) Speaking of which Euro qualifying continues Tuesday. After Tuesday qualifying resumes on October 8th. Here are some of Tuesday's the fixtures:

1. Turkey vs Belgium
2. Austria vs Kazakhstan
3. Germany vs Azerbaijan
4. Russia vs Slovakia
5. Armenia vs FYR Macedonia
6. Andorra vs Rep Ireland
7. Serbia vs Slovenia
8. Italy vs Faroe Islands
9. Belarus vs Romania
10. Albania vs Luxenbourg
11. France vs Bosnia
12. Sweden vs San Marino