PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk footie shall we?! :)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Buzz
05-10-2010, 09:37 PM
chelsea better enjoy that title because next season my boys will be taking it back! :angryfire :D

Buzz
05-10-2010, 11:40 PM
Fabulous game by Chelseal BTW, 8-0! WOW! :eek: Hopefully next year one way or another we would be able get rid of the Glazer family! But for now it does not look good. The latest is that they turned down a 1.5bn offer for the club.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/06/glazers-reject-secret-offer-manchester-united

Liverpool is in a similar position because the clubs American owners borrow money against the club to finance it's purchase and although the club is turning a profit, servicing the debt means it is actually losing money.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/danroan/2010/05/will_premier_league_learn_its.html

Buzz
05-11-2010, 12:20 PM
North Korea has arrived in South Africa for the tournament. It is their first time in the WC since 1966 I believe. They held camp in Switzerland before travelling on the SA, and I wonder what on earth must be going through their minds right now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8674375.stm

KHenry14
05-12-2010, 12:34 AM
The 30 man rosters are out for all the teams. USMNT striker Charlie Davies didn't make it, as he just hasn't come back far enough from that devastating injury.

Surprisingly, Herculez Gomez of Puebla and Edson Buddle of my LA Galaxy both did make the roster as strikers. Also Eddie Johnson made the roster. All of which shows the gaping hole that Charlie's injury has left the USMNT up top.

Here's the USMNT roster:

Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Marcus Hahnemann (Wolverhampton), Tim Howard (Everton).

Defenders: Carlos Bocanegra (Rennes), Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Jay DeMerit (Watford), Clarence Goodson (IK Start), Chad Marshall (Columbus), Oguchi Onyewu (AC Milan), Heath Pearce (Dallas), Jonathan Spector (West Ham).

Midfielders: DaMarcus Beasley (Rangers), Alejandro Bedoya (Orebro), Michael Bradley (Borussia Moenchengladbach), Ricardo Clark (Eintracht Frankfurt), Clint Dempsey (Fulham), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Benny Feilhaber (AGF Aarhus), Stuart Holden (Bolton), Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA), Robbie Rogers (Columbus), Jose Torres (Pachuca).

Forwards: Jozy Altidore (Hull), Edson Buddle (Los Angeles), Brian Ching (Houston), Robbie Findley (Salt Lake), Herculez Gomez (Puebla), Eddie Johnson (Aris).

I predict a starting lineup against the Brits of:

Howard-GK
Bocanegra-LB
Demerit-CB
Onyweu-CB
Spector-RB
Clark-MF
Bradley-MF
Donovan-MF
Holden-MF
Dempsey-F
Altidore-F

It really will play like a 4-2-3-1 with Dempsey a withdrawn F and Clark and Bradley playing holding midfield.

Buzz
05-12-2010, 01:44 AM
Just a few ramdom thoughts...
I am hoping that the US make it to knock out round or maybe even further.... :cheer2: And I have to say this if only just this once; I feel bad that Eastern Europe is so under represented in this WC. No Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Ukraine, Russia etc. Oh well better luck next time. Also Africa feel they desrve more places in the WC. Hopefully someone (maybe South Africa? ) will take advantage of the continent's first tournament and exceed expectations. Should be good and the stadiums look fantastic! Speaking of teams missing from the World Cup.... will I ever again see Canada play in another WC in my life time?! :shuffle: I also will miss Turkey and Iran.... :(

Buzz
05-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Congrats to Atletico Madrid on winning the Europa League. :cheer2:

Buzz
05-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Bars in Toronto will be allowed to open early so WC fans can watch their favourite team live with friends while enjoying their favourite drink. WOOO-HOOO!!!! :cheer2: Never mind I actually do not drink alcohol. But I will be ordering galons of coffee. hehehe

4rkidz
05-13-2010, 12:33 AM
Bars in Toronto will be allowed to open early so WC fans can watch their favourite team live with friends while enjoying their favourite drink. WOOO-HOOO!!!! :cheer2: Never mind I actually do not drink alcohol. But I will be ordering galons of coffee. hehehe

I have already been informed from hubby the dates he is 'unavailable' due to the world cup :rolleyes: Yeah I know it's important (we are originally from England).. but I don't like the fact our life is put on hold.. today I had the dentist tell me they were already told by my hubby not to schedule any appointments during the world cup :lol: Don't get me wrong I love watching it, but not every single game and analyzed to death :wall: But I am excited... really :shuffle:

4rkidz
05-13-2010, 12:37 AM
chelsea better enjoy that title because next season my boys will be taking it back! :angryfire :D

Ma...chester is a swear word in our house :lol: Married to a very serious Liverpool fan.. daughter also gone that way now - my Wolves team didn't cut it..

Buzz
05-13-2010, 12:39 AM
I have already been informed from hubby the dates he is 'unavailable' due to the world cup :rolleyes: Yeah I know it's important (we are originally from England).. but I don't like the fact our life is put on hold.. today I had the dentist tell me they were already told by my hubby not to schedule any appointments during the world cup :lol: Don't get me wrong I love watching it, but not every single game and analyzed to death :wall: But I am excited... really :shuffle:

I used to take my vacation to coincide with the WC! LOL For one month every four years I do not get any sleep! :rofl:

oleada
05-13-2010, 12:46 AM

I get your husband. My brother, sister and I fill out our draw and our Panini sticker album. (http://www.wegotsoccer.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=PAN01) I have World Cup drinking cup and a soccer shaped cereal bowl that I use every day for breakfast. And in Colombia, it's all broadcast live on 2 or 3 different channels, with no commercials, so you can watch everything.

Speaking of the sticker album, my aunt and uncle became first time grandparents last month...they are filling out one "for the baby" :lol:

Buzz
05-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Here is a funny article from The Toronto Star about UBS trying to predict the WC winner. hehehe According to the financial giant, after it did some careful calculations, BRAZIL is favourite to win. hehehehe

http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/article/808850--wanna-know-who-s-going-to-win-the-world-cup

Garden Kitty
05-13-2010, 06:39 PM
I haven't read this whole thread, so sorry if this is already posted, but football/soccer fans may want to pick up the current issue of Vanity Fair. (http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2010/05/world-cup-cover-story.html&style=&source=vanityfairmag&service=bit.ly%20)

Buzz
05-13-2010, 11:54 PM
OH HECK YEAH!!!!! It will be the first thing I do tomorrow morning!!!! hehehehe Thanks Garden Kitty! :cheer2:

Lorac
05-14-2010, 02:54 AM
Ma...chester is a swear word in our house :lol: Married to a very serious Liverpool fan.. daughter also gone that way now - my Wolves team didn't cut it..

OMG - another Wolves fan - yyyyeeeeesssss!!!!! :) :cool: :D :)

I'm just glad we stayed up this year - I hate to ping-pong from Premier to Championship!!!! And I've already blocked out my dayes as well come June!!!!!