PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk footie shall we?! :)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

fragoletta
08-28-2009, 09:07 AM
LOL Eto´o´s Inter against Barcelona :EVILLE:

Yeah, and Kaka's real madrid vs AC MIlan :EVILLE: x2

As an AC Milan fan perhaps I should be worried but I am not. We've always played well in CL and it won't be the first time to crush the multi-star overpraised selection of Real! I feel like going to see the match live....

KHenry14
08-29-2009, 12:41 AM
Liverpool is in a tough group with Lyon..

Right now, the Reds would be in tough with Watford, much less Lyon. Talk about being off form,....

Sofia Alexandra
08-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Pavel Nedved has retired, so good luck to him in whatever he does next.Oh crud, already? :( And here I was, looking forward to Juventus vs. Roma tomorrow, hoping Nedved and Totti would be on the pitch at the same time ('cos that'd be :grope: x 2).

Bah.

I hope the Inter - Barça CL game gets shown on some channel I've got, 'cos that looks :watch:. Ibrahimovic against his old Inter, Eto'o against his old Barcelona. I can't remember where I read it, but someone guessed that is Ibra scored, he might celebrate a little bit, but not too much. If Eto'o scored, he'd run a full lap of honours around the pitch. :lol:

Buzz
08-29-2009, 03:39 PM
And too bad about that "do not remove your shirt" rule! Dang FIFA! :mad: :lol:

Yehudi
08-30-2009, 03:48 PM
Barca paid 25 million for some 22 year old Ukrainian defender. I've seen the guy play and while promising, he is not worth 25 million, especially since he's probably going to spend his time on the bench.

Buzz
09-03-2009, 01:36 PM
I think they believe against Real they are going to need him. I hope as well that he is worth the price.

Here is what the first sets of face offs looks like. :)
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/index.html

Buzz
09-05-2009, 03:21 AM
A preview of the upcoming Euro WC qualifiers.
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/worldcup/news/kind=1/newsid=881566.html

Here is a preview what to expect from the CONCACAF qualifiers.
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1097607.html#mexico+keen+keep+surge

Buzz
09-06-2009, 05:12 AM
The USA beat El Salvador 2-1. Congratulations to them, and nice job! :respec: Now where are those two dudes who like giving full details on how the whole match went down?! :lol:

Brazil has finally qualified for the WC by beating Argentina. Hope Argentina hangs on and qualifies because it just will not be the same without them. :(

Buzz
09-06-2009, 05:19 AM
Wasn't Hungary a really strong footie nation at one point? They lost to Denmark yesterday but they are still in 2nd spot in their group.

Sofia Alexandra
09-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Hungary lost to Sweden yesterday, Ibrahimovic scored the winning goal just when the end whistle was supposed to sound. :cheer2:

Buzz
09-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks... I stand corrected :duh:

NeilJLeonard
09-06-2009, 04:02 PM
The USA beat El Salvador 2-1. Congratulations to them, and nice job! :respec: Now where are those two dudes who like giving full details on how the whole match went down?! :lol:
Stayed up late to watch Mexico dismember Costa Rica so I didn't get to post until now...:)

CONCACAF Hex Results for 09/05/09:

USA 2 v 1 El Salvador
Honduras 4 v 1 TnT
Costa Rica 0 v 3 Mexico

USA struggles w/o 2 starting center backs playing, but got the win. Honduras soundly defeats TnT & Mexico does the impossible & gets 3 road points at Sapprissa!

Current Hex Standings (it has a strange symmetry to it):

Honduras..............13 points
USA.....................13 "
Mexico..................12 "
Costa Rica.............12 "
El Salvador..............5 "
Trinidad and Tobago..5 "

Upcoming Games w/home team listed 1st:

Round 8 on 09/09/09
El Salvador v Costa Rica
TnT v USA
Mexico v Honduras

Round 9 on 10/10/09
Costa Rica v TnT
Mexico v El Salvador
Honduras v USA

Round 10 on 10/14/09
USA v Costa Rica
TnT v Mexico
El Salvador v Honduras

I'll post more after the games on the 9th. By then we should have a much better picture of what is going to happen in the hex & who'll be going to South Africa directly and who'll have to play the #5 from South America to qualify - and that #5 could be Argentina!...:wideeyes:

NJL (tiring night with the USA in a come-from-behind nail bitter & the Mexico - CR game going until after midnight...:)...)

Buzz
09-08-2009, 02:28 AM
There is still hope for Argentina yet, and I have faith they will win their next game. :cheer2:

KHenry14
09-08-2009, 08:50 PM
I was away from my computer for a couple of days, here's my take...

The USA showed flashes of brilliance on offense....and some horrible defending too. Lacking the two starting CB's hurt, but it was the outside backs and the D-Mid which caused most of the problems. One hopes that the possible addition of Jones from Germany and Castillo from Mexico can shore up a couple of those spots.

It didn't help that the referee was incompetant. Here we are three days later and no one still knows why he waved off a USA goal? Nobody on the USA side was ever told and CONCACAF doesn't seem to know either.

I'm less concerned about this result since most of the problems are likely to be fixed shortly.

Bad news for TnT tomorrow I expect....:watch:

NeilJLeonard
09-08-2009, 10:50 PM
I was away from my computer for a couple of days, here's my take...

The USA showed flashes of brilliance on offense....and some horrible defending too. Lacking the two starting CB's hurt, but it was the outside backs and the D-Mid which caused most of the problems. One hopes that the possible addition of Jones from Germany and Castillo from Mexico can shore up a couple of those spots.

It didn't help that the referee was incompetent. Here we are three days later and no one still knows why he waved off a USA goal? Nobody on the USA side was ever told and CONCACAF doesn't seem to know either.

I'm less concerned about this result since most of the problems are likely to be fixed shortly.

Bad news for TnT tomorrow I expect....:watch:

Evidently he called a foul on Clint Dempsey after he passed the ball to Jozy. His slide caused him to run into one of the El Sal defenders & the ref seemed to think the contact was deliberate. There are several places on BS where this is discussed. The best view of the incident is on the referee forum. IMvhO it was a bad call. Clint passed the ball while sliding and the guy from El Sal tripped over him after the pass is my take on it.

BTW, did you notice that the officiating crew for the match was from Honduras? Latest howl on BS is the foul was called to make sure the Hondurans kept their goal diff advantage over the US. We'll see how all this pans out next month when the USA plays Honduras in Honduras. I just hope we get a point out of it.

As for TnT. Who knows how they'll react. It they lose, they are out. If they win they'll have a remote chance of getting to the WC. But, I think BB has the USA players convinced that this is a must win game. If so then TnT will have a struggle to even get a point. We'll see.

NJL