PDA

View Full Version : Tickets for Sale or Wanted

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

skate4fn
02-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Anyone in Vancouver FYI. They released several excellent seats for pairs long( section B, L & Z) the day of the event. I got amazing second row seats right beside the kiss & cry area right after the morning practice session. Price level A and well worth it. Apprarently they are holding onto & releasing tickets to most events on the day of so worth giving it a try. Sad thing was there were several empty seats next to me !! What an expereince being that close to skaters as they came off the ice, worth every penny! Everyone else around me bought the tickets that day as well !

Never hurts to call even a few days before to see if they have more releases at vancouver2010. You can go in person or call in.

lukeanthony
02-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Does anyone have a practice ticket available for Thurs 18th Feb? I am willing to pay or swap for a ticket to the ice hockey womens semi final on the 22nd Feb (Cat B, gate 2, section 320, seat 1). PM me please.

iDanceonice
02-16-2010, 06:37 PM
skate4fn, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you end up paying? I went to the ticketing booth in Robson Square the night of the pairs short and the prices still seemed outrageous, even for an obstructed CAT C ticket.

hugmonster
02-16-2010, 06:46 PM
I am looking for one ticket to the men's free, located anywhere in the arena. Please PM if you can help me out. Thanks.

02-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Category B - $390

Category C - $300

PM me if interested.

skate4fn
02-17-2010, 06:45 AM
skate4fn, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you end up paying? I went to the ticketing booth in Robson Square the night of the pairs short and the prices still seemed outrageous, even for an obstructed CAT C ticket.

I paid face value at the box office at the Pacific Coliseum for Category A ticket- $450 + fees ( I believe it came to $468 with all fees) Excellent seat in the second row- not obstructed right in front of the kiss & cry area.

Tonight I was in the 17th row in section "O" - lower bowl & there were several rows of empty seats in our section so moved to the 5th row for the second half. ( gave the usher guy an Olympic pin & he seemed happy to ignore our move :))

natsukie325
02-17-2010, 08:59 AM
ticket for sale
Feb.18 Men's free

4 ticket for Category A
suite 11 Seat 10 to 13
$700 per ticket (room for negotiage)

If you are interested in these ticket PM

houston
02-17-2010, 09:39 AM
FD TICKET

One of my purchasers has cancelled. 1 remaining ticket for FD level C beside Aunt and girlfriend of a competitor. $300. We travel today so reply to any PM may beThursday. Probably meet at OD or a Practice session.

iDanceonice
02-17-2010, 02:56 PM
I paid face value at the box office at the Pacific Coliseum for Category A ticket- $450 + fees ( I believe it came to $468 with all fees) Excellent seat in the second row- not obstructed right in front of the kiss & cry area.

Tonight I was in the 17th row in section "O" - lower bowl & there were several rows of empty seats in our section so moved to the 5th row for the second half. ( gave the usher guy an Olympic pin & he seemed happy to ignore our move :))

Oh that's not bad at all! Thanks for the info...I'm going to go try again :)

sjames59
02-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Anyone in Vancouver FYI. They released several excellent seats for pairs long( section B, L & Z) the day of the event. I got amazing second row seats right beside the kiss & cry area right after the morning practice session. Price level A and well worth it. Apprarently they are holding onto & releasing tickets to most events on the day of so worth giving it a try. Sad thing was there were several empty seats next to me !! What an expereince being that close to skaters as they came off the ice, worth every penny! Everyone else around me bought the tickets that day as well !

Never hurts to call even a few days before to see if they have more releases at vancouver2010. You can go in person or call in.
skate4fn,

We're in section Z for the men's free skate. What direction did they set up the medals podiums and how was your view? Thanks!

Sharon J.

grandma
02-17-2010, 05:28 PM
I was in Vancouver on Tuesday and didn`t have a ticket.
the concierge at our hotel asked a broker for practice tickets for the 15th and we could have bought them at a price of 425 CAD.
What we did was to drive to the Pacific Coliseum we went to the normal Ticketing office. Practice Tickets including taxes cost 34 CAD plenty available...even Tickets for the Pairs free were available for 150 or 450 CAD.
Quite a few seats were free during the venue. My advice head for the ticket office at the Pacific Coliseum and I am shure tickets will be available. S ther is no need to pay horrendously expensive tickets from brokers etc.

natsukie325
02-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Thank you

I could sell my ticket
And I'd olike to say I'm sorry to who send me PM.

hugmonster
02-18-2010, 08:33 AM
skate4fn,

We're in section Z for the men's free skate. What direction did they set up the medals podiums and how was your view? Thanks!

Sharon J.

The medal podium faces the judges, which is around sections E, F and G or sections 6 to 9. In section Z, you will see the skaters from the back at a real close distance, but then they usually turn around for a bit at some point.

WildRose
02-18-2010, 06:17 PM
I have one extra ticket for the cd Friday section o row 13 selling at cost $438 This is skate4fn using wildroses iPhone Please call me at 613 513 5516 or email me at sbray@edc.ca

LoisV
02-19-2010, 05:23 AM
My husband and I went to the mens short program. We were in the fourth row from the ice in the Category A Section Y seats and they were great but we paid almost double the original value in the vanoc fan to fan marketplace.
Imagine our surprise when there were so many empty seats around us! About 10 minutes after the competition started the seats started to fill up and right in front of us were people who had no knowledge of figure skating at all. They struck up a conversation with me when they heard me explaining things to my husband and pointing out who the skaters were. I casually asked them about why they had come and how they got their tickets since it was obvious they didn't follow figure skating. They told me that the scalpers were selling tickets outside the venue for half to a third of the price!!! They paid $200 for tickets that my husband and I paid 1200 for!!!!
If I were in Vancouver I'd be going down every day right before the events to score tickets.
I also talked to a Russian couple at our hotel who told me they never buy tickets in advance and they've gone to four Olympics. They had fabulous seats to the first Canada hockey game which they had also bought from scalpers about ten minutes after the game started.
You should print out a map of the arena and know what you are buying before you pay. One scalper tried to sell me tickets to the pairs long and said they were in the first row but they were really in the first row of the third tier. Thankfully i didn't buy them.
I absolutely hate that this is the way this works. It seems as if the Olympics organizers should learn and not give so many tickets to sponsors who then sell them to scalpers. Why don't they care that real fans find it almost impossible to buy tickets a legitimate way?
It might be different in Vancouver because they don't have the strict laws about scalping like US but the Russian couple told me they did the same thing in Salt Lake City and never got stung by bad tickets. He said you just have to be prepared by knowing what the seating is like and what the tickets look like.
If I had a place to stay and didn't have to pay the outrageous hotel costs in Vancouver right now I'd be driving back up next week.