PDA

View Full Version : Tickets for Sale or Wanted

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

mkokos82
01-09-2010, 11:44 PM
I have two tickets for EUROS 2010 in TALLINN (Men's LP and Dance FD) for sale:

Men Free Program - sector 212, row 4, seats 8,9
Free Dance - sector 212, row 1, seats 9, 10

If anyone is interested, please PM me.

jayta
01-10-2010, 01:23 AM
I am still looking for an OD ticket for the Olympics! I'm hoping a Canadian has a ticket, which make things so much easier :P

Leeedward
01-10-2010, 04:45 AM
Ticketing for Olympics is such a mess--but scalpers seem to have few--if any--problems. I bought a pair of tickets for each of the men's SP and FS through a secondary source. They were category A for each set and were $582 each for SP and $896 each for FS. These were the least expensive of any I could find for Cat. A. My cousin had visited with her son in Vancouver recently and reported that there were scalpers on hand from Day 1 of ticket sales. It's quite obvious that tickets are abundantly available from all the googling I've done....but they are offered by brokers at double and triple the original prices. How do brokers get them in such abundance?

My other beef is seat location. For these prices one should know the exact spot where you will sit.

jp1andonly
01-10-2010, 06:02 AM
It's calleld lots of computers, lots of credit cards, and lots of phone lines. It's easy if you have that.

Because scalping is legal in BC it's often impossible to get good tickets for any events that are sold out. I really think it out to be illegal...

Ticketing for Olympics is such a mess--but scalpers seem to have few--if any--problems. I bought a pair of tickets for each of the men's SP and FS through a secondary source. They were category A for each set and were $582 each for SP and $896 each for FS. These were the least expensive of any I could find for Cat. A. My cousin had visited with her son in Vancouver recently and reported that there were scalpers on hand from Day 1 of ticket sales. It's quite obvious that tickets are abundantly available from all the googling I've done....but they are offered by brokers at double and triple the original prices. How do brokers get them in such abundance?

My other beef is seat location. For these prices one should know the exact spot where you will sit.

skate4fn
01-10-2010, 02:10 PM
It's calleld lots of computers, lots of credit cards, and lots of phone lines. It's easy if you have that.

Because scalping is legal in BC it's often impossible to get good tickets for any events that are sold out. I really think it out to be illegal...

Scalpers get tickets like anybody else for most events. They have computer programs in some cases to try to get in faster( use networks that are really fast- I hear of people using the internet companies direct networks etc) & I beleive pay many people to buy tickets, wait in line or wait on the phone lines. This is a business so they find ways unfortunately. However you will notice for the Olympics most have the same lousy A tickets for figure skating as everyone else (unless some of them found ways to buy from Olympic family members which wouldn't surprise me) I personally was on the phone looping around the system for about 45 minutes before tickets went on sale in phase 2 , had several people try to get tickets for me in phase 1 ( no luck) & had 6 computers going. You have to be willing to invest many hours of your time to get tickets. It is not easy but can be done.I often spend days/weeks hours signing up for pre-sales, fan clubs etc to get concert tickets then people say wow yours so lucky to get great tickets. Not really lucky, you have to invest a lot of time & effort to get these tickets & most people don't realize when I buy tickets to a sold out event how much time, research & effort I had to put into it before being able to score tickets ( not to mention $$ on fanclub memberships for decent seats) :)

svi
01-10-2010, 03:11 PM
I have two tickets for sale:

Men SP Cat.A SectionB/Row13
Free Dance Cat.A SectionW/Row12

If anyone is interested, pls PM me.

MattysMom2005
01-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Ticketing for Olympics is such a mess--but scalpers seem to have few--if any--problems.

How do brokers get them in such abundance?

ITA. I have visited many reseller websites and they seem to have an unlimited supply of tickets to all events. Their prices for unknown seat locations are ridiculous. They add their service charges per ticket to the posted ticket price and it goes up $80 to $135 per ticket. The price you paid for Mens SP is not so much over the original Cat A price of $420 so you did pretty good if that included all the extra fees they charge.

I wonder what the people in charge of the Olympics think about this practice. If they only realized if they kept these tickets out of the hands of scalpers and charged just 10% more than their original ticket prices in the final weeks before the events, THEY would make the profit. Instead it becomes a big business to others. Such a shame.

YukiNieve
01-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Hi,

I'd like to sell:

2 Men's SP tickets for Olympic Games: Sec 4, Row 11
The price will be US$145 each (face value) + shipping.

I'd like to get:

1 Men FS ticket for Olympic Games, Cat A or B. Willing to pay more than face value. I donít' feel like benefitting scalper's site - not yet, lol.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Thank you!

mtnskater
01-10-2010, 09:02 PM
I have the following tickets to sell for U.S. Nationals.

1. Junior Men's Final Sunday Jan. 17, 9 pm

2. Novice Men's Short/ Novice Pairs Short Sunday Jan. 17, 3:30 pm

This is a single ticket for each event. Located in center ice row 104, row R.

Asking $20.00 each....or make me an offer. I can meet you in Spokane or if we come to terms quickly enough I can mail them priority mail.

PM me if you are interested.

skate4fn
01-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Hi,

I'd like to sell:

I'd like to get:

1 Men FS ticket for Olympic Games, Cat A or B. Willing to pay more than face value. I donít' feel like benefitting scalper's site - not yet, lol.

Thank you!

Section 4 row 11 sounds like they must be Category C- not a bad deal at $150 Canadain given that other sections row 11 are Category B seats!

skate4fn
01-11-2010, 11:26 PM
For those of you interested, one of my friends called Vancouver2010 today & bought practice tickets to all the practice sessions. All they have left are tickets with obstructed views (10-50% obstructed). Sounds better than nothing & since it is a practice chances are there will be empty seats & you may be able to move. Just getting into the building would be worth it. and the price is right.

Japanfan
01-12-2010, 02:13 AM
ITA. I wonder what the people in charge of the Olympics think about this practice. If they only realized if they kept these tickets out of the hands of scalpers and charged just 10% more than their original ticket prices in the final weeks before the events, THEY would make the profit. Instead it becomes a big business to others. Such a shame.

It is not possible to keep tickets out of the hands of scalpers.

What VANOC did was make it possible to profit from scaplers (and many non-scalpers as well) by opening up the Fan-to-Fan Marketplace. Scalpers with legitimate tickets can sell more easily there than on Craig's List as VANOC guarantees legitimacy. So the site is very useful for them.

And VANOC isn't reimbursing sellers until April. So it gets to hang on to a lot of $$ and earn interest on it for up to three months.

YukiNieve
01-12-2010, 05:28 AM
I cannot "ETA" to this message that I posted earlier, so I am adding my reply here:
I am already talking with somebody who is interested in the tickets.
Thanks, Yuki

Hi,

I'd like to sell:

I'd like to get:

Thank you!

UMBS Go Blue
01-12-2010, 08:19 AM
Still looking to sell one ticket, including practice pass, for U.S. Nationals for all sessions from Monday 1/18 through Saturday 1/23 (http://www.spokane2010.com/51,eventschedule).

Section 117 - Row N - Seat 6

PM me or LoisV for further details.

harekrishna43
01-12-2010, 08:01 PM
I cannot "ETA" to this message that I posted earlier, so I am adding my reply here:
I am already talking with somebody who is interested in the tickets.
Thanks, Yuki

Not sure if this is the answer to my PM, but if so, thanks.