PDA

View Full Version : Hungarian Skating News

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Eislauffan
05-22-2009, 02:00 PM
I've seen Nora Hoffmann and Maxim Zavozin on Monday (May 18) in Odintsovo. Nora said that this was their first practice together since the accident. They were looking at music choices for their OD. Nora said that she is feeling good now, but still might become dizzy. The doctors told her that it can take up to six months until the dizziness disappears completely. But she said she feels she was lucky after all as she will completely recover from her accident.

igniculus
05-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Thank you, Eislauffan! It's great to read they are back on ice working. Get better soon, DivaNóra! :glamor:

igniculus
05-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Oooof, I found something interesting and intricate! :drama: :BLOC:
http://www.moksz.hu/mukorcsolya/doc/emlek_szakbiz_090409.pdf

The figure skating panel had a meeting in April, making a summary from the 2008/2009 season.

- there will be a test skate one week before the entry process is closed to Oberstdorf. The participation is obligatory, skaters and teams will have to perform their freeskates/freedances. Skaters who fail to attend the test skate will not be nominated to the olympic qualification competition in Obersdorf. :HA!:

- Fanni Forgo's junior world championship participation and result was a matter of much debate from coaches and other junior skaters, despite the fact that Fanni traveled to Bulgaria without the financial support of the Hungarian Comittee. The report linked above says the results and state of preparation of these :soapbox: skaters and coaches make their statements unreasonable. Nevertheless, there shall be a test skate next year before the junior world championships to prevent a similar uproar, but international results will be taken account too.

- the Comittee made official "minimum requirements" starting next season, considering jump requirements for the following categories:
-- skaters at junior GPs and junior Worlds
a) ladies: 2A and at least one triple jump
b) boys: 2A, at least three different triple jumps
-- skaters at senior Europeans and Worlds
a) ladies: 2A, at least 3 different triple jumps
b) men: 2A, at least 3 different triple jumps, one of them a 3Lutz

- the jugdes at the JGP Budapest will be
-- ladies: Eva Szilagyi
-- boys: Adrienne Schadenbauer

- the competitors at the JGP Budapest will be
-- ladies: Fanni Forgo, Chelsea-Rose Chiappa, Regina Borbely (uncertain), Judit Griga (uncertain)
-- boys: Kristof Forgo, Krisztian Andraska (uncertain)

- official date of the 2010 Hungarian National Championships:
-- senior: 19-20th December 2009
-- junior & below: February 2010.

sbanet
05-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the Hungarian federation updates, as well as the good news regarding Nóra+Max! :cheer2: :cool:

igniculus
05-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Some more news:
http://www.moksz.hu/kozgyulesek/kgy_jegyzokonyv_20090424.pdf
From the meeting at 24 April 2009, Budapest.

Main points:

- due to scheduling conflicts with short track skaters and short track training camps, it's very hard to provide enough ice time for elite and youngster figure skaters/ice dancers, especially with the main Budapest ice facility, the Gyakorló Jégcsarnok, closing down for a month. The facility will face major improvements, according to the head of the Committee, which will enable 30% more ice time for the athletes.

- financially, this had been a good year with a small profit even, but with the many injuries, illnesses and withdrawals, still a huge amount of money went lost with pre-ordered plane tickets, hotel costs, etc.

- the (national) synchro team (Team Passion) was plagued by injuries and illnesses too, which showed in the results in this season too. There were competitions where they had to withdraw because of the many casualties. To prevent that from happening again, there is a recruit camp to held this summer, for 1-15 years old and 15+ years old athletes.

- Sandor Nagy, coach of Nora Hoffmann & Maxim Zavozin and Emese Laszlo & Mate Fejes (also, head of the Hungarian ice dance department) mentioned that there is a need to recruit new athletes in ice dancing, especially after Vancouver but it's optimistic according to him that cities apat from Budapest are also interested in this discipline. Hoffmann & Zavozin were able to attend training camps thanks to the financial aid of the Hungarian Olympic Committee, while Laszlo & Fejes did the same with ISU funding. However, they could not attend official ISU training camps which immediately showed at their results too. They're also experiencing financial difficulties too, since they only recieve 1/6th of the funding they used to recieve years ago. :eek: :yikes:

They spent a lot on developing ice dance judges and technicals, to expand the current field of Hungarian judges. They tried to enter competitions that are easier to manage financially (=were cheaper :scream:), like junior GPs where the host country pays for the athletes. Many other competitions are, however, financed by the athletes and their families, and the entry fees are quite big too.

- more support was asked by the head of Miskolc's figure skating club (:cheer2:) from the Hungarian Committee, as they organized 2 international competitions this year, fairly successfully (without much interest of the leading committee). She mentioned the importance of recreational figure skating.

Braulio
05-23-2009, 01:37 AM
Thanks for the complete reports Igniculus!

;)

Finnice
05-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Köszönön szepen, Igniculus!

igniculus
05-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Köszönön szepen, Igniculus!

How cool! You write in Hungarian! :cool:
We are language relatives, after all. :D

igniculus
05-26-2009, 10:07 PM
Some :swoon: :saint: :cheer2: news! Former Hungarian champion beau :glamor: Diana Poth is 5 months pregnant!
http://www.borsonline.hu/news.php?op&hid=21094

The "Hungarian Beckhams" are expecting a baby
lowly tabloid Bors

Diana Poth, one of the most beautiful female Hungarian athletes, is entering the fifth month of her pregnancy. The figure skater and her national team member husband David Gabor Gyepes, currently playing soccer in Cardiff, have already decided the name for the little girl: after a little debate they voted for "Kyra".

It would be hard not to notice the pregnancy as the ever-slim Diana Poth already has quite a big baby bump under her little summer dress.

"I never was a diet type, I ate everything, pig's feet stew, salami, because I don't really like vegetables or fruits. All the other skaters were green on envy because I was able to weight that less" Poth said.

"My appetite didn't change much now, the only difference is that I don't do any sports during the pregnancy. My doctor already hinted on it that I maybe should bring back those training videos because I already put on 12 pounds."

Getting a little bit rounder attracted some male attention too, much to the delight of her husband (:confused:).

"I noticed recently that when I walk on the streets, men stare at my boobs. (:yikes:). It's a funny feeling, I wasn't used to it in the past, they didn't get that much attention" said the soon-to-be-mom laughing.

The impish skater said she had no hardships so far during the pregnancy. Her husband needs to travel to Cardiff again for his team, but Diana will only follow him for some weeks, because she wants to give birth to the baby in Hungary.

"It never occured to me to give birth to my child in England. The question is, will my husband allowed to come home [for that time] or not. He really wants to stand next to me [during the delivery] because he can always make me calm."

There is great chemistry among them, but they revealed that picking the right name for the baby wasn't easy.

"My favorite choice was "Niki" but my husband wanted her to be "Vivien"" she continued. "We didn't want to give in, so we ditched both names and picked Kyra instead. Kyra Gyepes, that sounds great, doesn't it?"

Diana said that she already bought the first little baby dress and that she plans to spend Christmas already in Cardiff, together as a family. And when will she be as skinny as she used to be? That does not concern her that much. She does not want to stay fat, of course, but she believes, the little overweight will vanish after some time. She also believes to have another baby in a couple of years. And when she makes up her mind, she will surely finish what she started.

sbanet
05-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Congratulations to Dia and David Gábor! :glamor: :hat1: :cheer2:

(you've got Beckham on the brain, girlfriend ;) )

igniculus
05-26-2009, 10:46 PM
Oh shiz. :o

ioana
05-27-2009, 02:37 AM
http://www.borsonline.hu/news.php?op&hid=21094

Burnt chicken skin!! Or just exposure issues with the picture. And in case she's surprised about the attention her boobs are getting, maybe wearing t-shirts that ask 'looking for a party?' right on top of the afore-mentioned breasts has something to do with it. Just on the off chance...

Thank you for translating, igniculus!

Finnice
05-27-2009, 07:00 AM
:cheer2::glamor::cheer2:

to the baby of the one and only Diana Poth! Great news!

igniculus
05-27-2009, 10:21 AM
You're welcome, you're welcome. :saint:

Burnt chicken skin!! Or just exposure issues with the picture.

Eys, but Hungary is "the home of 10 million graphic designers" so I'm not wondering about the picture quality. :yikes: :scream:

igniculus
06-25-2009, 05:07 PM
A more recent photo of the pregnant Diana. :saint: (the hubby looks rather unfortunate... :yikes:)
http://static.blikk.hu/db/03/21/d00049321240425f75a27.jpg
Photo caption: "Diana Poth and her husband Gabor Gyepes are expecting their first baby, Kyra for October".

Article:
http://www.blikk.hu/sztarblikk/tetszik-maganak-a-kikerekedett-poth-dia-151709.html

Pregnant Dia Poth is satisfied with herself (=likes her appearance/figure as a pregnant woman)

Dia Poth changed so much during her pregnancy that friends can walk pass on her without recognizing her, but she takes that with a good laugh. The star of "Skating with the celebrities" attended a fashion show with her husband Gabor Gyepes, where she wore a beautiful wide white feathery dress, but she cannot hide her baby bump anymore. Not that she wants it: she is proud of it and the extra 20 pounds or the rounder face doesn't disturb her either.

"Recently, nobody recognized me, I became so huge" laughed Dia, who cannot wait the birth of her daughter, Kyra Gyepes. "I'm lucky because I really had no difficulties during the pregnancy and I enjoyed wathing the growth of my belly and my child. I don't bother by the fact that I put on some weight. Who cares when I can deliver a healty baby by that? Gabor doesn't mind it either, he said I became even more beautiful during my pregnancy."

The happy skater and her husband decided to have the baby born in Hungary. But Gabor soon needs to go back to Cardiff to his British soccer team.

"I hope I can come home when the delivery begins" the soccer player said, who recently singed another 3-year contract with his team. "If I can't do that, I hope to come home as soon as possible."

:watch: